universal fuel sending unit in a stock tank?

retiredblue

my sender is out on my CJ tank- I have a new universal sender can I use it in my stock tank as the universal unit usually bolts to a tank where as a OMG sender uses the lock ring- I can post pics if it helps

If you can get it to seal and adjust right it might work. Does it work with the same ohms as a cj sending unit? It makes a difference.

It was easier to buy the sender for the tank after all- it's amazing though I went to an "Off Road" parts place and the man at the counter , a "JEEP GUY" didn't know the ohm reading on the sender- I knew it and I'm not even a Jeep guy- oh well he did try and sell me tires for my Jeep SCOUT though hahahaha I'm pretty sure he didn't know what the hell a SCOUT was any way-

I've been around jeeps and scouts for quite a while now but i've never heard of a jeep scout either. international harvester made a scout but never seen a jeep scout. Do you have pictures?

Hahahaha- thats what I told the "Jeep" guy at the 4wd place- But here is my 800 during Operation Re-Launch

okay i have a dumb question, i dont know how to post on here my own thing. i am just a girlfriend here looking to ask you guys what i should buy my boyfriend for his birthday. he has a jeep xj wagoneer. he has so much he did on it i cant even remember it all. but anyways hes adding long arms to it this week and his birthday is the 7th of october. i just need some ideas of what to grt him... i am already going to dress all sexy for some pics on his jeep lol i just wanna get him a big box of shit for his jeep and keep him happy. trying to soend 200 or less... oreferably less. the picture attached is his jeep, plz help lol and im sorry for interupting with this lol uploadfromtaptalk1411207543832.jpg

Tow straps are always a good deal or ratcheting tie downs are always useful

It is a International Harvester, Scout 800, made between 1965-1968.
Really cool machine, will climb a telephone pole, or my old one would....

I was built with Delco electrical, Ford drive train, Chrysler, or Dodge motor, usually with over sized heads to give more power.
Mine had the Chrysler 727 transmission in it.
On the funny side... Don't pay any attention to the plug numbers stamped into the intake. International changed the firing order on the engine.
I learned that one the hard way...

Probably a GM fuel sending unit is close.

Good luck with it.
Mine never let me down.

It could use the bumper sticker " IF YOU CAN READ THIS.. PLEASE TURN ME BACK OVER " ha

What about some stereo stuff..

hahahaha- Yup you guys got me I'm an old SCOUT guy from way back- I built this 800 myself- well with my son about 20 years ago- just revamping some stuff- I had a sticker that said"this is NOT a jeep" hahahahaha

That brings back a lot of good memories. I got mine for $500.00 , and really didn't spend much on mine. It was a great 4x4. One of the things I liked was, it is timeless, so far as getting parts to keep running. If you keep the body solid, everything else is easy to find.
My "X" made me sell mine, as it was uggly to her.
Ah the things we do for love. Lookin back, wish I had kept it, and let her go.... ha

Back