CJ Filler Area

retiredblue

Can one of you CJ types please take some pictures of how the Gas filler neck/door area is? I need to know how deep that area goes into the inner wheel well Thanks in Advance-

I cant help you there, my cj has the gas tank under the drivers seat. The filler should actually be behind the inner fender well between the fender well and the tail lights.

Mine cutout is 3 1/2" up from bottom of rear fender and 4" to the right of the tailgate edge, and it penetrates the fender well 7 1/2" (missing the inside fender box by 1/4") before dropping down to cross over to the top of the tank. I snapped pis with a Tape measure in for reference but cant seem to get them to upload.

Hope that helps!

Well, I tried to upload some photo's of my fuel area and the fender box, but i don't have 25 post yet (this is #20) so I can't upload them yet.

I hope the measurements at least account for some assistance.

On a side note: Is that 3/4" copper pipe that you have spliced inline? I am just curious as to the effects of today's petroleum products on Copper.
I know it can get green and fuzzy.

I hope the rust holes in my jeep help to shine a little light on your situation,

Attachments

• IMG_3357.JPG
    IMG_3357.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3359.JPG
    IMG_3359.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3361.JPG
    IMG_3361.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
Perfect Thanks very Much- It's been over 100 degrees here in SoCal but should be back into the 90's in a few and I can get back at it- Now I have a better Idea Thanks again

Sorry no that pic IS NOT my filler just something I was looking at- Now I have to get a filler door of my own and get to work

Back