tire size

On stock wheels they will stick out you need wheels with more backspacing to keep them from rubbing the control as when turning. With 'less' backspacing they stick out further.

Last edited:

Your tires will stick out slightly more than stock tire size. Rubbing on control arms will be slight at full lock, can definitely live with it.

If it bothers you and you like your stock wheels, run 1.25" wheel spacers.

I see tons of stock jeeps on 31s. My jeep was on 31s when i got it, I think. I had stock suspension till last year and it was definitely not a problem

I ran that tire size on my stock 02 Sahara on the stock Jeep aluminum rims and had no problem with rubbing, even with lock to lock movement of the steering wheel. Clearance was indeed very close, but never a rub including some fairly heavy off roading. I guess my point is that the specific rims are a huge factor as well as the Jeep. A good tire place will mount a set and let you see...do them a favor and buy offset rims from them if they do rub.

I see tons of stock jeeps on 31s. My jeep was on 31s when i got it, I think. I had stock suspension till last year and it was definitely not a problem
Won't fit YJ's or XJ's, so it depends on the model and year Jeep the OP is referring to.

Back