Need advise on 33s with 2 inch lift.

Latamir

I have a 93 YJ with a 2 inch lift. I need new tires. I want to go to 33s. I plan on replacing the 2" lift with a 4" in warmer weather. I have measured 17" from center to see if they will fit and it looks like they have space, but not enough go hard crawling. So, the obvious question will the 33s fit for street use until I lift, and if not can someone showme what and how much to trim?
Plz and thank you.

If u Definitely plan on lifting it more then i say go for it it will probably look pretty funny and u may get some rubbing on tight turns i wouldn't mount them on ur stock wheels assuming u have stock wheels as far as trimming goes hard to say intill u have them

They won't fit. They will rub bad if you have passengers in the rear or so much as slightly articulate the suspension, such as entering a driveway or ramp to a fuel station at an angle. YJ's have some of the smallest fender openings.

TJ fender flares are a great mod and will allow them to fit better. Will require a small amount of metal cuttings.

I thank you guys for the advise and I decided to just go ahead and order tires, lift, and SYE at the same time.

I see a build thread in your future Latamir!

Back