CJ5 Bell Housing

Court

Hey group, I'm new to this, so here it goes. I have a 1981 Jeep CJ5 hat I bought used. It has a 151 Cu inch engine "Iron Duke". I am trying to replace the bell housing, but the two I ordered and got, don't fit the engine I am using. I looked online, and from what I found, it shows that for the Jeep with a 151 cu inch engine I am using it needs a bell housing that fits a Chevy small block engine. Any confirmation of that would be appreciated. Court.

Yes, the sbc and the 151 iron duke engine use the same bellhousing.

I think have the correct bellhousing, finally, but now the bellhousing/transmission holes don't line up! The transmission is a Ford RF-D9ZR-722-AA 13-32-097-902. Any help on matching everything up would be great! It does have a "Iron Duke", 151 Cu inch 4 banger as the engine Thanks.

so you are using a ford trany with the iron duke and chevy bell. you will need a adapter to bolt the ford trany to the chevy bell. look up novak, or advanced adapters. I didn't know you were using a ford trany or I would have told you that when I said the chevy bell would bolt to the engine.

Back