HELP 95 jeep wont start.. no spark!!

dillon14dj

have a 95 yj with the 4L inline 6 with 5 speed transmission that has sat for a few yours, i just bought it for a mud toy thinking i could fix it but so far noo luck! all it does it just Crank (what my truck did before and it was just the coil there go why i bought this), however it does NOT seem to have spark,

have put a NEW Coil
NEW plugs/wires
NEW Cam sensor
NEW Crank Sensor
and a NEW Dis Cap/rotor and still no luck, hooked a tank from a derby car upto it so i KnOw it gets fuel, just cant seem to get sparl

When you say that it doesn't have spark, are you testing by pulling the wire and looking for the spark, or are you using another method.

As posted by Terry Mason , what method are you using to check for spark ? An in line tester is best. Also , have you checked the ignition fuses in the power distribution center ? The power lead to the ignition coil is fused but the power is supplied by the PCM. The PCM controls all power to the ignition and controls advance/ retard. Please check the ignition fuse(s) and look for a voltage signal at the power lead wiring harness connector to ignition. Please post your results .

As posted by Terry Mason , what method are you using to check for spark ? An in line tester is best. Also , have you checked the ignition fuses in the power distribution center ? The power lead to the ignition coil is fused but the power is supplied by the PCM. The PCM controls all power to the ignition and controls advance/ retard. Please check the ignition fuse(s) and look for a voltage signal at the power lead wiring harness connector to ignition. Please post your results .

The screwdriver in wire way lol and all fuses are fine also checked the plugin going to coil and it has power, all it does it crank

Thank you for your reply . If power is getting to the ignition coil and the ground from coil to coil bracket and bracket to engine block is good , I would have to say it is a dead coil. Please be sure that the injector harness is firing the injectors too. A quick check is to pull a spark plug after attempting to start the engine and see if the plug is wet with raw fuel. The better way is with a noid light .

Thank you for your reply . If power is getting to the ignition coil and the ground from coil to coil bracket and bracket to engine block is good , I would have to say it is a dead coil. Please be sure that the injector harness is firing the injectors too. A quick check is to pull a spark plug after attempting to start the engine and see if the plug is wet with raw fuel. The better way is with a noid light .

i ended up picking up a ecu lastnight it starts now.. well somewhat, for like 2 seconds, iv only got 1 rev out of it lol, tried for the pass few hours to get it going so far it went for like min/min hf-2 but rpms wouldnt go up and stayed near 0 ill say like 200 or so then died few mins later..

Good to know you've got a good PCM now. Providing it's got spark now , wondering how the fuel pressure is and the condition of the injectors from its long hibernation. Not wishing and bad luck but may I ask where the replacement parts are from ? We've heard so much bad luck with parts store parts like O2 sensors , crank sensors for example that sometimes all that has amounted was a bad situation gone worse. Not ready to fault the current condition on the new parts but having seen so many threads on poor quality is always on the back of my mind. The fact that the engine starts means a good chance the new parts ought to be good but we'll make sure with testing if need be. Fuel system is what I'm thinking now like possible clogged injectors from sitting and condition of fuel filter. I know you've posted to the best of your belief it's getting fuel but there is still a problem and obviously more diagnostics so we got to be sure.

Back