Slip Yoke keeps Breaking

Whipstoy

Hello, Ever since I installed the Dana 44 (Scout) in the rear of my CJ-7 I keep on blowing the slip yoke off! I've now tried traction bars and now broke the bolt on the traction bar and the slip Yoke off! My drive shaft angle is 30 degrees and my pion is straight with the drive shaft. So my Diff is tilted up allot could that be my problem?

I Am running big power over 500HP and red line is 7000RPM

Thks

I'm not a CJ guy, but I did put a SYE and double cardian driveshaft on my TJ. Why don't you go that route? There's quite a bit more travel in my CV driveshaft over the stock slip yoke.

Is your driveshaft pulling apart and breaking the yoke? or just breaking it? I know change rear ends sometimes requires changing to a longer driveshaft as well. You could try using shims between the spring and axle to tilt the axle.

...You could try using shims between the spring and axle to tilt the axle.
...! My drive shaft angle is 30 degrees and my pion is straight with the drive shaft. So my Diff is tilted up allot could that be my problem? ...Thks

I take it he did only the axel/pumpkin side.

Whipstoy -

What type of driveshaft joint is on the transfer case side and axel side?

30 deg is measured where?

Any offset from shaft to pinion to compensate for axel wrap?

Did you do any transfer drop and engine lift?

What were doing when the track bar broke?

Last edited:
Your ujoint angle at the pinion should be the same as at the transfer case when using single cardan ujoint setups.
2joint_angle.gif

Back