Does anyone know about the 2000 Jeep Structure problems??

Abutterfly

My fellow coworker were talking about my Jeep that just rotted so bad the bottom fell OUT and that it's now JUNK... and scrap metal and he told me to CALL CHRYSLER!! He said he has a Jeep and when he has some issues that he shouldn't have had with it they took care of it for me. Now I didn't ready any articles on it yet but he said he quick looked it up and said there are structural problems with year 2000 Jeeps and I should call them!!!

I may give it a try. It's not fair that my beautiful Jeep is now SCRAP metal and I have no car and no money to get a car... It just ain't right!!! I can see it having rust, but the entire bottom dropping out and all my parts dangling and it's now scrap metal????? Many people have Jeeps a lot older than mine that the whole ass didn't fall out of. What do you think? Do you think I should pursue this???

It's better to ask and be told no than not to ask and definitely get nothing. Just ask politely and if you have info showing others were fixed you might note that upfront.

How many miles?

I am reading online about many 2000's just falling apart underneath and causing accidents and almost accidents. Apparently Toyota had something similar and had a recall but Jeep won't recall them.
The bar that goes side to side underneath breaks free and you can't control your car... some people say up under that plate it's totally rotten. My bar is broken free and all my parts are dangling. I don't think it's fair. I can see it having rust, but all your parts falling OUT? My mechanic told me I was SO lucky I didn't get killed or kill someone else. So now I have a pile of scrap metal. I am at 190K . I know that is a lot but my husbands 94 isn't rusted through and stuff falling out.

So I called Chrysler about my Jeep. I spoke with a very nice lady. I told her my tale of woe. She put me on hold for quite some time while she looked into it. She came back on and said there is record of many Jeeps having "excessive under carriage rust and corrosion... ( I was feeling HOPEFUL....)... and that there are some recalls.... but , OOOPS... sorry.. NOT YOUR JEEP.

I said isn't that great! I can't get any help...my car is scrap... or not, if I want to start selling off it's parts.... I was just thinking the other day that I have absolutely nothing to do, so maybe I will start ripping parts off my car and try to sell them!

Basically, they told me TOO BAD. I told her thanks and I will never own another Jeep as long as I am breathing Oxygen.

Back