electric heater

Scotts cj7

Hi everyone as we all know the 1985 cj7 has very little heat. I would like to know if anyone can recommend an electric heater. I would be fine with hard wiring a heater in if I could find a good one. Everything that I have seen on ebay or amazon just won't cut it. Thanks for any help or ideas.

Also, they have good ones in 18 wheeler truck stops. I had one in an Isuzu trooper 2 that worked great

I saw a circulating coolant heater on ebay for like 70 bucks. You mount it under the hood and tie it in with the coolant system. It has a 110volt plug and when plugged in it preheats the engine coolant and warms the engine block. It should make it easier to start on cold days, plus your heater should be close if not up to temp at start. I can't say for sure as I haven't personally tried it but have been meaning too. My plan was to put it on a timer when plugged in at night so that it comes on some time before I get up in the morn. It has a built in thermostat but no sense in having it work all night for no reason. The brand name I saw was Kats.

I have a 94 yj -- I bought a large 12 volt heater ( standard water type) at the P uyllup swap last weekend, it will be replacing the standard crap Italin crap I removed from the passenger side later vinn

Back