Best tires for 2009 Wrangler X Unlimited

captmrose

Just hit 90K on our baby. Looking for advice for next set of tires for it. Door plate says 255/75/R17. Last set were GoodYear Wrangle Silent Armor LT 265/70/R17. I HATE GOODYEAR :)
I feel like we have no traction in heavy rain / snow. This is a road only Jeep. Daughter will be taking it off to college in the fall where I expect the weather to be a factor for her. I want tires that will last for her and give her stability on the 4 hour ride home! Thanks for the help!

Michelin LTX M/S2
mi_ltx_ms2_pdpcrop.jpg

I think it's funny how you think anyone knows anything about these tires. What do you expect us to do, go read reviews of the tire and get back to you ? Buy what ever you want no one cares. Life is to short to worry about what others think, it also makes you look weak, makes you look like a follower, and one who can't make up his own mind without someones approval. Believe in yourself and know in yourself that you can make a good decision. If you make a bad decision, you will know it and won't make the same mistake, it's called living, and learning from your mistakes. It's part of becoming a man !

Would I be crazy to put Michelin LTX MS2 on my Jeep? Would I be removed from the Forums forever???
You managed to remain despite running those Goodyears lol.

You said road only, with emphasis on wet/snow traction. the M/S2 is a superb option.

Nothing wrong with asking for input as there's often options one wouldn't even have found.

I ran Bridgestone Dueler A/T on my truck for years. Great wear and traction. The Revo2 look interesting.

On my jeep Goodyear AT KO they are a bit more off-road. And you don't like Goodyear...

Ran Michelin on an old car and they were so soft I got less than 10 K on them. So I don't care for them.

Last edited:

Well, a lot depends on what you want to spend. I just bought BFG A/T K02 for my CJ and wow!!! They are quiet and awesome on all kinds of surfaces. I read all the reviews before buying and they are rated top for pretty much any jeep/truck/SUV

BFGoodrich*All-Terrain T/A KO2

UPDATE! I put the Michelin tires on my Wrangler and they have performed great in some pretty heavy downpours. Had them on 4 months now and and am still happy! Thanks for all the input!

Back