2001 TJ Wrangler door lock stuck again

Dawgvet06

Hey guys. Been a while. My 01 is acting up again. Passenger door lock is stuck in locked position. It has happened to both doors before, and I've been able to spray WD40 down onto the mechanism to unstick them. No luck this time after several tries. I've currently managed to get the door panel off from the inside despite the door being stuck closed and locked. All rods/connections for the lock appear to be in good shape. I've tried moving the connecting rod directly by hand to unlock the door (without turning the key or pushing the door lock button from the inside, and I've tried moving it while turning key/pushing button as well), and it will move most of the way towards the unlock position, but won't click all the way into unlock (it bounces back like it's running into something. Same is true for when I push the door lock button from the inside or turn the key from the outside (it moves most of the way but won't unlock). I've lubed up the mechanism again from the inside (directly as the door panel is out of the way, and I'm letting that sit for a bit, but, like my lock, I'm stuck on what do next. Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jimmy

I had a similar problem in my 97 but my problem was there is a plastic lock piece that keeps the lock arm in the right place that broke but you are saying that everything is where it should be. Sounds like the latch might have an issue then.

Looks like this?
yj_door_lock05-1.jpg

Back