Tire Recommendations

alicefelz

Hello,

I am a young Jeep beginner and would love some advice and opinions on new tires for my Jeep. Right now I have 33X12.5R15LT tires and like the size. I am limited on money and would love to know what brands you guys would recommend and cheaper places to buy from. I don't do any rock climbing with my Jeep, but I will go on trails and in sand dunes. Would you guys also recommend a different type of tire? Let me know! Thanks!

Welcome to Jeepz.com. What year and model Jeep do you have?
Also, are you looking to keep the same size tire, or change it up?

how do you want the jeep to handle on road? do you want better off road traction or on road handling? It makes a big difference, Mud tire, all terrain?

I have a 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I would probably want to keep the same size, but if you think other sizes are better I am open to suggestions.

I would probably want better on road handling. The tires I have now are all terrain which I would probably want to keep.

33 are a great size, take a look at cooper tires,
Hello,
I've used them on my once had cj7 ,work well in rain mud ,snow and hold up well I've gotten over 60,000 miles on them. Ask the dealer what kind of deal s are there ,be happy. Going tobig will only cost you.
I am a young Jeep beginner and would love some advice and opinions on new tires for my Jeep. Right now I have 33X12.5R15LT tires and like the size. I am limited on money and would love to know what brands you guys would recommend and cheaper places to buy from. I don't do any rock climbing with my Jeep, but I will go on trails and in sand dunes. Would you guys also recommend a different type of tire? Let me know! Thanks!

If you want the better on road ride then I would stick with the all terrains, the mud tires are louder and have a rougher ride. Cant really think of who makes cheaper brand tires right now, but SPORT KINGS are a pretty decent tire and wont empty the bank.

Funning this thread came up. May want to check these out. my daughter just got me a week late fathers day present. Brand new tires!! I am really impressed with them so far, they are called Patagonia M/T. they are a mud tire but very quiet on the street and have awesome tread and side bitters, with lots of sipes.. you can look them up at milestartire.com

The factory tired that came on my Willys are BF Goodrich MT nice tire and not that loud but in have monidea what the cost of them are.

my 33's came by way of discount tire, love em, i do alot of driving and trail blazing I had hankook, then switch to coopers.........love em, in sand, mud, snow, and on the road

Hello,

Get away from the 15" rim and go to 17, plenty of side walls for airing down and tires are reasonably priced. I exclusively run BFG KM2s. I started with 33s and I'm up to 37s now. I love them and so do a majority of the pros.

Consider buying used. You can get all sorts of packages for half the price. My (5) 33s ran me $3300 with black AEV Pintlers and TPMS. These wheels were MADE for JKs. I'd sell them for $1399. The spare is brand new and the other 4 have 24k miles with normal wear and tear estimating 65% tread remaining.

Hello,

I have gone cheep and I have high end tires. Check out this web site and you can make your choice, it has steered me right. Mud Tire Reviews, Offroad Tires, 4x4 Mud Tire Reviews - Offroaders.com. I presently have Pro Comp Extreem Mud Terrain 33x12.50x15 and they are great for all conditions. Don't go cheep you will regret it.

a 33 inch tire on a 15 inch rim aired down will give a wider footprint than an aired down 33 on a 17 inch rim. the larger rims are ONLY an advantage on heavy vehicles, and are actually a detriment on smaller vehicles as they minimize the tire print. The industry is pushing them only to minimize options they need to carry. Since most trucks have gone to a minimal size of 16 inch rim. Remember, the rims are purchased from contractor stock and are not made by the vehicle manufacturer. If you do a little research you will find that the 15 inch size is Still the most popular base tire size sold.

Go look at the BF Goodrich AT Line... And remember this point: No matter how good or bad your vehicle is, it will never be any better. nor worse, than the tires that are on it. This means that the best rig is just junk with garbage tires, and even a junk rig can outperform a good rig, if it has the better tires on it. It also means that you are safer with good tires. Cheap tires cost more down the road when you have to keep replacing them. The Goodrich AT's set the mark others are measured against, yes there are better but you will pay for them. however the Goodrich is so popular you can get them at almost every discount dealer... And they work

Go look at the BF Goodrich AT Line... And remember this point: No matter how good or bad your vehicle is, it will never be any better. nor worse, than the tires that are on it. This means that the best rig is just junk with garbage tires, and even a junk rig can outperform a good rig, if it has the better tires on it. It also means that you are safer with good tires. Cheap tires cost more down the road when you have to keep replacing them. The Goodrich AT's set the mark others are measured against, yes there are better but you will pay for them. however the Goodrich is so popular you can get them at almost every discount dealer... And they work

Take this advice and enjoy the rig for longer time. Lots of cheaper tires are impressive when new but eventually rides roughly or loosing grip after some worn out. BFG, Toyo, Cooper and Nitto makes quality all terrain tires but you need a deep pocket. If you can score on used ones that are fairly new, like those of changing plans or something. They sometimes show them on CL so spend some time there.

Back