1989 yj 2.5 4cly.

Firecrane312

My jeep will run for awhile, but if you shut it off or it will die on you. Then it won't start, the fuel pump won't turn on. I have replaced the fuel pump, then it took right off and started up. But drove it for about 30 to 40 min. Shut it off went into the store came out and it wouldn't start, same as before, mean time I have replace the fuel filter and fuel pump relay. Every time you replace a part it will run for a while shut it off and It will not start same as before the fuel pump will not kick on. Please help

Thanks, Mike

By not start do you mean not crank? Or does it crank but not run past cranking?
If the latter there is a sensor on the bell housing CKP crank sensor that goes bad and as it does you will have the engine die or not start sporadically. Only use OEM sensors in jeeps. Others will die out of the box leaving you searching for new causes...

Hopefully some one else has some info on this. Do YJ have a pressurized system with a return fuel line? Of it does could a bad gas cap be causing this to maybe not build fuel pressure? Just an idea not sure if it actually applies to a YJ.

Back