Losing Oil Pressure Under Acceleration!!

BTaylor34

Hey folks, need some advice,

2k TJ, 2.5L

Got the oil changed today, and now the oil pressure is actually lowering under acceleration, even to the point where it hits 0 and the check gauges light will come on. However, if I let off and keep it steady, the pressure returns to 50-60.
Sitting at idle it will be fine, rev up around 3k it will drop, let off and it's right back to normal. Oil levels are fine. Literally changed today. Does that sound like the OSU, or something more serious? Thanks in advance for any help!

I had similar issues with my 97 TJ. It was the sensor i added an after market pressure gauge with the factory gauge still connected. The after market was a true oil pressure gauge not an eletronic sensor. Factory gauge would do all kinds of weird stuff but the after market was accurate and engine never had an issue.

So for an update:
Oil gauge problem turned out to be the OSU. Good deal. Fixed it with no problems. Changed the IAC while I was at it since I had a code for that also. NOWWWW (and doesn't this seem normal for us Jeep owners...ughh) as I am test driving just to make sure nothing is wonky, I am coming back and engine plays out on me at around 3k rpm in each gear, and the CEL comes on...again. Get back to the house and it is trying its best to die at idle, even does a few times. Can give it gas and try to keep steady around 2-2.5k rpm, and it still will sputter. The code thrown is P0108- MAP Voltage. So as this thing is still idling not so great, I can plug and unplug the MAP with no difference. That sound like a winner winner chicken dinner to yall??

Did you put an OEM IAC in there?
Gasket/prong in there correctly?
Check battery voltage and voltage at the MAP.

i got a weird one to check. i had this problem on a 03 jeep liberty 3.7 that was in the shop where i work. had a p0108 map sensor circuit high and identifix told me to go through the checks of the circuit. and all was ok. then they told me to check the upstream o2 sensor and make sure that the signal wire did not have a short to ground. and sure enough the driver side upstream o2 sensor harness on the harness side of the sensor was rubbing through on the steering shaft joint. i pulled the terminal out of the connector and fix the wire with shrink wrap. rerouted the harness and all was good. check the o2 sensor harness isnt touching.

Ok, final update on this post. After running through a ton of diagnostics, finally found a small break in the voltage wire between the map sensor and the PCM. Funny how one little wire can send a world of hurt through your motor! Replaced the wire and we are running good as gold....until the next thing happens....doh!! Thanks again for everyone's help!

Back