Transfer case Vibration " I think"

KEVZTOYZ

I just completed my 1994 chevy 350 v8 to 1993 Jeep Wrangler Conversion. Everything works great, except (there is always one of those) when I am slowing down I get this horrible vibration and rattling noise. I have jacked it up and ran the engine and then slowed it down and it does the same. My drive shaft is very short, the local jeep shop which have been known to make mistakes think I need a SYE kit to fix the problem. I was just wondering if anyone had another suggestion or if I should just do that. I would hate to spend $ 350 to get this kit and it not be the problem. I have a 350v8 700r4 and a np241 transfer case. Also I have access to parts so if you can think of a shorter t-case that may work let me know. Thanks guys and the few gals out there!!!

Is the 241 in the same location the 231 was before the swap? Have you added any lift?

If the 241 was moved to the rear to accomodate the longer drivetrain, and/or lift was added, I think the SYE is the correct fix. If you plan on a lift in the future, definitely go ahead and do the SYE now.

this problem, like said, is most likely due to the short driveline, and the angles are causing the vibes.... the sye will give you the chance to use a cv shaft which can handle those angles

Before you spend the 350 check your pinion angle make sure they are the same at both ends if not maybe you could pick some of the angled shims for the rear to change it before you spend the money.

Forgot also was your flywheel new? Chevy motors have been know to crack around the bolts causing a vibration under power and also when you come off the power.

Back