Under Water now it is off and on? Help

dwelty

I have a 91yj. I submergeds it underwater, drained and changed all oils and it runs? Some times it will go all day no problem today it would stop, when I crank it it turns over and that is all. I noticed my catalytic converter was red hot? Also after a few minutes it will start. I let it sit for about 1.5 hours and it fired up and didnt do it again today? Any Ideas.

i see that you are in FL? was it in salt water?.... if it was i would try to unload that puppy QUICK

ya, hack that pipe off and hollow it out, most likely the catalist got clogged. hollow it out, and put it back on. some states require it to pass inspection.

far_right said:
i see that you are in FL? was it in salt water?.... if it was i would try to unload that puppy QUICK

It was in fresh water. I had the o2 sensor changed it was acting up. Do you think it could be the cat converter?

if it is a four cylinder i wouldnt just hack off the cat, you need the back pressure to help build horsepower, trust me I did same thing (hack off the cat) ran for about a month and presto 2 burnt valves, it may have just been my luck, but it has a cat on it now and now problems since. also i would check the IAC and the TPS mor the IAC than the other but both are pretty inexpensive.

Control Arms

take out the computer and dry it up, spray rubbing alchol in all the electrical connectors.

Back