14 Bolt

bryanjeep

Will tire fit on stock rim?

Hey, what trucks came with the 14 bolt rear end? I am now looking to put a full size rear end under my jeep with SOA. Do they normally come with 6 or 8 lugs? What would be a good front driver side drop full size axle? I'd rather buy the axles and wait to do the spring over with the new axles. Better on pocket!

Oh, how can I adapt my steering to one of these full size axles?

they came in 3/4 and 1ton chevy trucks, and you want the FF axle, newer trucks will have a drivers drop front axle like you will want, im thinkin 86.5 and up F350s, and you will want a flat top knuckle do do crossover steering if you are goin SOA, and most will have 8 lugs

how much did you say these run in junk yards in the other post? Is it easy to run the drossover steering? What exactly is that?

Would you usually have to change the axle shafts and carrier?

Would you usually have to change the axle shafts and carrier?
for what?

few hundred $$ for the 14bolt

and it depends if you get axles woth flattop knuckles on how easy and expensive it is

Paragon Pictures from October Run (Finally!)

Do you think that is a good price farright? I just don't want to put the money into my stock axles and do a spring over if eventually I want full size axles with really big tires.

Veteran Roll Call

i would say if your gonna do it, do it right the first time and spend less money in the long run

a good mod for the 14 bolt in the rear is to cut the bottom casting off. iot will give you about an inch oe so more ground clearance. and the 14 bolt is a full size axle.

ck out 4x4 Garage it's a magazine put out by the publishers of car craft. The last issue had a great article on axle swaps, they listed strong and weak points, max tire size on stock axle, and also what you could find them in in the junk yard.

Back