Shell Rotella Lubricants...opinions?

We have had a flurry of lubricant questions lately, so I was wondering what people think of the Shell Oil "Rotella" line of lubricants?

Long-Haul truckers seem to favor the Rotella brand, but I wonder if their experience is applicable to our Jeeps and the way we drive them?

Any thoughts?

Gadget

i dont know how they would work on jeeps but i do know a friend of mine that puts it in his ford F150, and hes had no problems with it and likes it, so figuring that he uses it in his truck i wouldnt see why it wouldnt work in a jeep...
also since truckers use it in them 18 wheelers and they last over 1million miles i guess there a pretty good brand of oil

"Rotella" Wow now that never even entered my thoughts. All that I ever put in my CAT just never put "Rotella" and a gas engin together befor. Do not see why it would not work! Most likely be great. tug

Hi-Ya Tug,

I asked the question because I am contemplating changing my differential and t-case fluids. I went to the Pennzoil transmission lube earlier this year…worked good for me.

Here is a link to a press release about Shell SPIRAX® EW Extended Warranty Gear Oils.

http://www.rotella.com/press/6-20-03.html

Sounds good, but for all I know, it could all be advertising hype.

Tug, as I recall, you mentioned that you were a truck driver at one point in your life.

Your experience and opinion would be valuable here.

Gadget

Back