Help!!

Blondiemeeee

Hi I have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler unlimited and it's been at the deal ship now for a week. They say they can't find anything, I say cause they think I'm a stupid woman so I need some help here.

Sometimes when hen I go to start my jeep I have to wiggle the gear shift to start my jeep, when I drove cross country even if it was a small hill my car mprs would drop and my rpms would soar, I freaked out so bad cause I didn't want to be stranded on I40 in the middle of the desert I had my transmission fluid checked and the guy told me it was all good. Sometimes when I put it in park it has that click click click rolls back a bit and stops, I can hear noses in the back in when I back up, but according to the dealership because their computer can't pick up anything there is nothing wrong. Yes I get my car serviced, I get the oil changes as required, I have the life time power tran and have it check for that every 5 years. So I wonder what is it? I've been driving this jeep since it had 20 miles on it, why is it acting up? I need to go back to the east and I'm afraid to drive it, yet the deal ship says they can't fine the issue. HELP!

Try adding a 2nd ground strap. That fixed my problem.

Hi I have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler unlimited and it's been at the deal ship now for a week. They say they can't find anything, I say cause they think I'm a stupid woman so I need some help here. Sometimes when hen I go to start my jeep I have to wiggle the gear shift to start my jeep, when I drove cross country even if it was a small hill my car mprs would drop and my rpms would soar, I freaked out so bad cause I didn't want to be stranded on I40 in the middle of the desert I had my transmission fluid checked and the guy told me it was all good. Sometimes when I put it in park it has that click click click rolls back a bit and stops, I can hear noses in the back in when I back up, but according to the dealership because their computer can't pick up anything there is nothing wrong. Yes I get my car serviced, I get the oil changes as required, I have the life time power tran and have it check for that every 5 years. So I wonder what is it? I've been driving this jeep since it had 20 miles on it, why is it acting up? I need to go back to the east and I'm afraid to drive it, yet the deal ship says they can't fine the issue. HELP!

I know I responded but it's missing'

Looks like they made you a thread of your oun or you have two.

Did you demonstrate the issue to the dealer mechanic?

The need to wiggle the shifter sounds like the park position switch is loose, miss positioned or broken.

The rpm issue can be a sensor. Does this only happen uphill or are there times when driving the pedal seems to have a dead spot?

I went to dealer ship yesterday, they had some clicker I was to press when I thought the rpms jumped, so not only did I use the clicker I video taped it and the mechanic said let me test drive it with you cause everything computer wise is not showing an issue. He said everything was still fine and rpms don't mean anything to the trans. So I'm really lost here I have to drive back in two weeks and going through the desert with my jeep acting like it did makes me nervous. I had suggested everything that was posted on here and he had an excuse for everything so now what?

When you say rpm up and down what value does it go up to and down?
Also did you read all my questions above?

I video taped it but I can't figure out how to put it on here, and yes I showed the guy but everything I said or showed him he debunked it all.

Like im at 2100 rpms then it might jump to 3300 or 4000 then jump back to 2100 and sty he said this is normal it's locking it's self in gears

That doesn't sound normal.

The rpm issue can be a sensor. Does this only happen uphill or are there times when driving the pedal seems to have a dead spot?

To link a pic or video upload it to a site like Dropbox then attach the link. Attach using the + or advanced controls. Copy and past the https\\cxxxx into the link and insert online.

Last edited:
Back