Update - 6th Annual Mudders Day Run

ROade

body lift

http://geocities.com/limp_n2001
I just have to let yall know how impress with my CJ7. Its 1st run since I started rebuild.
Im in Sumter SC
Mudders Day was the 6th annual mud run weve had
Really a friend of mine got in a accident ,ended up in wheel chair with a good settlement, well, good in a way. The chair has got to suck.
He took his cash a bought a huge peice of property, built a house , bought a doozer to clear land, then he decided to make a 4x4 park.
Its not fancy, no cash or trophys, not even an entry fee !
Classes are kind of a gentlemans agreement, 3 classes, up to 33's, 33's to 36's, 36's and up. Win your class and you have option to advance to next class, well really anyone can try bigger runs, but after the class runs
He built another run, like an offroad road corse w/ some sweet holes.
Its called the all day pit. We start pumping water in at like 10 am, runs start at 1:00, the bigger trucks/JEEPZ stay out till later, everyone just takes turns try-n to make it .
As the day goes on, everything gets deeper and wetter. I actually made it at the end of the day, well, sorta.
My CJ's electrical got soaked , she wouldnt turn aver about 1000 rpm, just sputtering, and Im right in the middle of the biggest hole, errr!
2 trucks had allready backed up to pull me. I just babyied the gas, slipped the clutch, and she move like six inches,then try to stall.
I keep at it and "ole sweet baby" WALKED right out.
Notice the pics on my site, in one she's covered in mud. Look at the one of her on the trailer. Hood/fenders look hosed off. Nope !! Thats how deep the hole was.
Man ! I still am excited !
Any way, I have year round access there, if yall ever wanna take a trip.
Ohh yea, theres also a killer track he made behind his house. Not much mud, more like trail ride, nasty hills ,slopes, log cross, etc ...
Humm ,maybe Ill post this to mudders day topic ???

Roade

Way cool pics and the park sounds awesome. :D That is unfortunate about your friends accident, but fantastic he took the opportunity to still create something he loves and enjoys and now others can too! I bet S.C. is a nice local to be in this time of year.

Lady

Thanks
The parks tons of fun. We had over 200 people there this year.
SC has really decent weather all year. High about 87 today.It'll only get over 100 a few times. Snows like once every 10 years !
Gotta luv it !
Nice looking ride you have there !
I dont think mine will ever get clean, errr
ha!

Back