Debate or Debacle?

TwistedCU

Well The Mrs. and I are going to watch the debate tonight. I hope it doesn't turn out like I expect it to - with neither firmly answering any questions and both taking potshots at each other.

this is sad, im watching it right now and my analysis so far is that we need to re think our presidential candidicy. neither one of these guys is cut out for the job. kerry sits there and talks about being honest when half the photos he showed off from nam were posed with borrowed equipment, bush cant think very quick to save his life, he will start a sentence and stop looking dumbfounded and then continue on. i think the worst thing bush said all night was in response to a comment by kerry. kerry said something to the affect of "..bin laden is using the american invasion to advocate the recruiting of troops on the basis that america is inciting a war on islam" and bush retaliated with something to the affect of ".. i dont kno what my opponent is talking about, but the american people will defend themselves how they will defend themselves, plain and simple..." make any sense? i had on one of bush's dumbfounded faces after he said that one. glad i miss the voting age by a week cuz my vote would be wasted. i cant believe the bullshit these two are throwing around

ahh its sad the only reason i would cast a vote, and it would be for bush, is cuz he;s been in office, hes got lots behind him, (his dad) and he needs to fix what he screwed up instead of leaving it to kerry to fix

Dumb and Dumb-ounded.

May the powers that be save us.

and he needs to fix what he screwed up instead of leaving it to kerry to fix

Kerry couldn't fix a ham sandwich. Bush could have clinched his chest and fell over dead as soon as the debate started......I'd vote for his corpse before I'd take responsibilty for helping put Kerry in office. I didn't even watch, listened to about 10 minutes of it on the radio.

There's no way I could vote for John Scary.

I can't believe he had the stones to criticize Bush for not equipping the troops with vests. Kerry voted against funding for them.

He's done.

Just cause I thought it was cool

i can't say too much... i'm not very happy with either of them... but junkpile said it right... bush will get my vote.. he is doing less harm

Gadget does not understand why that was called a debate.

It was a moderated question and answer period.

I would like to see how Kerry and Bush would handle the "Prime Minister's Question and Answer Period" in the British Parliament," as broadcast weekly on C-SPAN.

In my opinion, Bush nor Kerry are qualified to carry water for Tony Blair.

Alas, we must play the cards we are dealt.

The Gadget Critique:

Kerry: If unicycle riding were an official Olympic sport, Kerry would be a shoo-in for a gold medal. He is world-class at the back-pedal maneuver. The ketchup gigolo should not be the President of the United States of America.

Bush: Winner, but only by default. No opponent of presidential caliber appeared on stage.

Gadget

staged questions or not. kerry was more prepared, looked better, and came out on top of that debate....

but.. im still not gonna vote this election

I am trying to keep an open mind in this election and not make any decisions until I get to hear all of everything from the candidates but Kerry just sounded foolish in the debate. I think he dropped the ball big time and if your nervous and your hands are going to shake keep them on the podium. He looked out of his element for the first 30 mins.

Gadget - So true about Tony Blair. We have people of that caliber in this country, but they are not the model of the politician that the DNC or the GOP look for. Very sad indeed.

BostonJeep - I don't understand how you think Kerry came out on top. Sure he is more well spoken than Bush, but the content of his dialog contained lies, errors, and self contradiction. Bush was (as usual) like a deer in the headlights at times, but he corrected Kerry at least 4 times that I saw.

Jeep90 - I'd love to vote libertarian, but I don't want to give a vote to the 3 purple heart guy.

Although I feel that we could most definately find better men for this job, I do feel a little better about Bush after last night. Maybe he didn't look good on the quick reactions, but he (except once) pulled himself together and gave solid replies. At least with him we know what we are getting.

I like Bush because I think he is sincere and will do his best to run the country. I'm not sure how capable he is, but I'd rather have a hardass as president than some wishy washy frankenstien looking guy who doesn't know where he stands on the issues. I'm a big hunter and not too long ago Kerry was pictured holding what appeared to be a remington 1100 and he voted to ban shotguns with a "pistol grip or SEMI PISTOL grip" Almost every hunting shotgun in the country has a "semi pistol grip", but Kerry supports 2nd amendment? BS! Blanche Lincoln did the same thing when she first ran for office. You should have seen her face when she gave me the "can I depend on your vote?" and I told her I would never vote for her as long as I lived and would activly campaign for whomever was runnning against her (this was at a dove hunt after her first term where she voted for every gun control bill that came up). All politicians suck. If they didn't suck they would have a real job and not be in politics. Vote for the lesser of the evils, and that's bush. While I'm ranting, I heard something interesting on the economy last week (since everyone's crucifying Bush on the economy). People in this country want lower taxes, more govt spending, and a balanced budget. That is fiscally impossible. Damn politicians like to make promises though don't they?

I will vote for Bush, I am not very happy with either candidate but Kerry scares the daylights out of me. I am prior service and do not know many vets who would even consider a vote for Kerry. Maybe we have hope for a good candidate in 2008....

Stuck torx bolts

If you want a hippie for prez trying to "sit down and talk to the terrorists" then vote for Kerry.
I'm not voting for anyone who thinks we "rushed into war", after 9-11, there shouldn't be a second thought about going to war with those bastards.

BTW, Bush may have stumbled around some questions, but he put Kerry in his place numerous times.

The "rushed into war" with Iraq is a little more understandable though. The current administration did go into Iraq for questionable reasons.

I hope this thread dies soon. Like before I actually take the time to post a real response....

Back