"high output" blower motor

oof 40 + 10 shipping for a $15 part Please do tell him. Or tell E-bay

I think you should tell him.

Yeah, I hate seeing people get duped. I probably would have made the same mistake when I first got into jeepin.

This happenss in life everyday! Just look out in the driveway folks. How much profit did the car maker make on the ride you see! It is the name of the game to make a profit on what ever you can. He did nothing wrong selling the blazer heater motor on eBay and if he sells another hundred to the folks that do not know he is not selling a cheap part for a lot he is selling a bit of knowledge he gained to thoes that have not the knowledge. Like a Doctor you pay him for his knowledge rather than his labor. P.T. Barnem said it best "there is a sucker born every min" tug

Tug-n-pull said:
This happenss in life everyday! Just look out in the driveway folks. How much profit did the car maker make on the ride you see! It is the name of the game to make a profit on what ever you can. He did nothing wrong selling the blazer heater motor on eBay and if he sells another hundred to the folks that do not know he is not selling a cheap part for a lot he is selling a bit of knowledge he gained to thoes that have not the knowledge. Like a Doctor you pay him for his knowledge rather than his labor. P.T. Barnem said it best "there is a sucker born every min" tug

Well, I thought about this and if the guy is on ebay he is online, so if he's online he should have done a search, and if he did a search he would've found info on this. Since he did none of the above it's his own fault for getting suckered. I still feed sorry for him but he's either lazy to do a search or he's too rich to care about blowing the extra money.

1980 CJ7 ROLLING FRAME FIBERGLASS BODY WITH SIXPOINT CAGE

Well, I emailed him. Watch, I'll probably get my ebay account suspended now for "meddleing" or something..... I could understand if the guy was charging $25 or something but $40 is gougeing. That and the shipping on that thing couldn't cost more than $3-4. People who gouge on shipping REALLY tick me off.......

yeah people should do some research first. i look to buy my stuff locally, or at online stores, but if all else fails, i turn to ebay. but at least by looking elsewhere first, i know if i'm getting a good deal on ebay or not.

Yeah, Ebay is great but I think people get addicted to the bidding just like gambling. I bet I see 5 or 10 ebayers a week paying more for things (even used items) than what you can buy new. Man, if its a used item and I won't bid for more than 75% of what I can purchase it new (often even less than that). Hmm... maybe this is the poor student coming out in me.

you gotta be kidding me. Somebody else bid on this thing. Bet the first bidder doesn't bid again since I emailed him and told him "you might try a net search cause you can get that part for $15"

I'm trying to remember my high school Latin.........wasn't it "caveat emptor" or some such ("let the buyer beware" I think I was told). Anyone speak Latin?!?!?!?

I bet it goes higher yet. No sense in being mad at the seller. He's just making the most of free enterprise. If you ask me I think it was a pretty intuitive move. Jeep parts are hot on ebay and if someone wants to throw their money at this guy, let 'em. Repackaging a product as something else to sell it for a higher price is nothing new. At least this one will work :wink:

mud4feet said:
I'm trying to remember my high school Latin.........wasn't it "caveat emptor" or some such ("let the buyer beware" I think I was told). Anyone speak Latin?!?!?!?

Yep, guess the buyer of this motor will find the blazer motor upgrade one day down the road and feel a little stupid, but I've certainly been there. As for the seller, yeah twisted, you're right, he's doing a "collins bros" and is going to make some cash doing it. Still, I couldn't do it with a clear conscience. Wonder how many "high output blower motors" will be on ebay next week. Something tells me there are going to be a lot after people see this one. Oh, the guy is still raping the buyer on shipping too. People that do that suck.

Seems like that's everywhere, E-bay is just a better known forum... Because of the inherent differences in the Jeep engines, and general design, there is a huge market for "performance Jeep parts", or just parts that your engine doesn't even need... Case in point:

Valvoline Instant Oil Change (yes, there was a time when I didn't change my own, that was the turning point, and getting bigger tires so I could get under there easier): Tells me that I need a new PCV valve, mine is totally gunked up, the little float ball is stuck, and it'll help my fuel economy so much... Last I checked, the I-6 had no such things, just the little CCV elbows, with no floats...

Murray's Discount Auto Parts : Suggests rear brake rotors along with my fronts so that they will wear evenly... Were there any stock '00 XJs with rear disc brakes?!?

AutoZone: Lets me know that my '02 Model Year Cherokee won't scan under the proper setting, they have to scan it as if it were an '00, so I should probably have the computer checked... '02 Cherokee?!?

Oh yeah, and there's the classic at Belle Tire, telling me that they did the look over for the engine, and would I like a new cap, rotor, and wires installed, because mine are looking a little worn... Hmm... And just where would you put those exactly?!?

So a 15 dollar fan being sold as a performance part exclusively for the Jeep?
Nothing special :) :) :)

It is not a crime to put the hurt on a sucker! It is an all day every day thing in this world and I did not say country! You sell what you know and if you can make a profit off what you know you are doing good! If you loose money being stupid and not doing your research, oh well! Live and learn, Learn to be smart, I mean the orginal post was about eBay, ok then the buyer has the internet at their disposial! They have the tools to search out a project and they can always go to places like well like this, jeepz! You know the old saying about a fool and his money will so be departed!!!!! tug

Well, I guess those people kind of deserve to pay that much!! It's really sad though.

Back