Fuel Pump cost

JimKeno

I recently checked on a fuel pump for my 96 Grand Cherokee and the dealer said that it cost some $550. They could not give me a reason why, but said that some two months earlier the pump was only in the 200-300 dollar range.

I called around to all of the local parts stores (AutoZone, Advanced,etc.) and they said that for some reason they were unable to get the fuel pump. Auto Zone even checked into why, and could not get a reason other than Jeep has redone the pump, and has not released the part to outside sources.

Anyone had this happen, or have a clue as to why its happening?[addsig]

there's another guy on here who recently went through the same thing with his '96... his email is RSCHAEFFER1@houston.rr.com ... drop him a line or find his posts... he might be of some help.[addsig]

I know the one for my 97 TJ comes from the dealer as one unit (filter, pump, and sending unit) for $255 Jobber rate.[addsig]

Has any one looked into an after market inline ele fule pump? The cost is out there and the reason is miost likely "cause we said so". So any way around the crazy cost would be a future help to all! Tug[addsig]

I don't know if you would want to check out the local salvage yards for something like that. I doubt you would get any kind of warranty, but you sure wouldn't be paying $550. I'm not sure how much of a warranty you would get on a new one anyway. A lot of times insurance companies will total out a vehicle that has a lot of good parts on it and salvage yards will pick them up and part them out or sell the whole thing to use for parts. [addsig]

Back