BLOWER SPEED!! i only have high

booe16

i have a 2000 wrangler and the blower only works on high. i have checked the switch and it is fine. i believe the problem is with the resistor but i have no idea where that is or how to get to it or what it would look like. Could some one please help me, i would like to have all the speeds! thank you very much.

First of all, Welcome to Jeepz!

Second, a quick use of the search function (or even browsing the first page or two of the Tech Forums) would have turned up this thread that was active last week:

Thread about Heater Controls

I think you can probably find the answers to your questions there...if not, just post another question in that thread, and someone will be bound to answer it within a day or so.....

Its definitely your resistor. I had the same thing happen in my 00 XJ and it sounds pretty common. It is tucked under the dash behind the glove box. Its a dealer only part by the way.

ok... first of all thank you for pointing out the other thread that was a huge help!. second of all i still dont understand exactly where the resistor is. i have looked underneath the glove box on my wranlgler and see a black panel all the way to the right. Is the resistor underneath panel or is it in another location. Also, what exactly am i looking for. again thank you for all of your help!

I haven't seen it in a Wrangler, but I assume that it is the same... It is a small, 3 or 4" plastic piece attached to the ductwork by a couple screws with a wire harness plug connected to the center of it. It should be directly behind the glove box or close to that. I think to get to mine I had to remove some sort of plastic kick plate protecting the ductwork and other stuff. The resistor part is inside the duct so the air blows over it to keep it cool.

Back