ah-hah! no wonder my gas mileage was so bad...

dingus

the other day i noticed that there was a HUGE puddle of something under where i park my car on the stones in my driveway. i thought nothing of it considering my fluids all were fine and not losing anything. a few times (like the 14th when i went to paragon) the jeep would take 5 minutes of solid cranking to start. nothing helped it turn over; like pumping the gas or anything. eventually it happened every time i tried to start it (3 times consecutively) before i popped the hood and took another look. the next time it started right up; and it had me completely confused.

so, i pop the hood, right, and look around. i whack the throttle and immediately release it. it revs all the way up to about 4 or 5k and back down. i repeat this a few times; and eventually i noticed a drip. i look at the fuel rail and keep revving it. fuel is dripping out the big fuel inlet line onto the intake manifold! lol... looks like something snagged this line sometime between installing my lift and taking it to paragon; but it just needed to be clicked back in. now it starts every time, and already i notice at least a 5mpg increase! lol

-nate[addsig]

look and you will find lol. on the plus side good thing all ya lost was milelage and not the jeep.poof[addsig]

be glad that it didn't drip onto the exhaust manifold!!

you would have seen a new side of your jeep when you were pushing it around!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

Glad to hear that you fixed that problem quickly and easily and didn't cause any thing serious-[addsig]

Back