AC pump placement

Jesse

Does anyone with a 1998 Jeep Wrangler have a cold air intake? I went to install the K&N one i bought, but the AC pump is in the way... (I personally don't think Wranglers NEED AC but oh well) & I was just wondering, is my Jeep weird? Or is everyone's AC pump in the same place? Mine is right next to the air filter housing.

Attachments

• IMG_2832.jpg
    IMG_2832.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 104

I just realized I posted in the wrong place. :redface:

Yeah that's the part number that I tried but look at step 10, there is no AC pump where mine is.. it's on the other side of the engine..

I'm saying it should still fit in in the same spot the stock air box is. The stock one is there, and so is the a/c pump.

While looking at my current air filter box I saw that a chunk has been cur out of it so the AC lines would fit.. or so the air box itself would fit. & If you look, you can see the K&N shield goes further over than the stock air filter housing.

I have a 97 TJ with air conditioning.I dont have a K/N filter but maybe my pics will help.It is a tight fit,but worked.I did have to bend my supply line just a little bit.

Attachments

• SANY0278.jpg
    SANY0278.jpg
    698.4 KB · Views: 94
  • SANY0280.jpg
    SANY0280.jpg
    653.4 KB · Views: 99

Ahh, I've decided I'm just removing my AC pump. :D Thanks for your pictures though xt master, I appreciate it.

Back