square headlight jeeps

estrick1

Hello, not sure if people generally like or dislike jeeps with square headlights. I am new. However, I do like the jeeps made with square headlights and was wondering which models and years had them. A friend of mine believed they were made on wranglers in the late eighties and early nineties. Can anyone confirm which years these were standard?

I am shopping for a jeep and would start by looking at jeeps within these model years.

thanks,

Your talking about the YJ............It's the predessor to the CJ. They were made from 1987-1995......No Jeeps were manfactured in 1996. Then came the TJ from 1997 through 2006, then the JK from 2007 to present. Wikipedia has a great page on Jeeps with alot of imformation like this.

Last edited:
Mine is in my profile pic.... its a 1995 YJ Rio Grande Wrangler, The Color is Mango, 2.5 straight 4 cyl. I could use more power but dont want to give up my 22 mpg......... however it is a 5 speed with 4 low so I do pretty good.

Hello Clyde,

thanks for the tip on Wikipedia. Can't believe I did not think of that. Thanks for the help.

Oil and Gas field tech, huh? I just got back from Edmonton. You ever get up to the oil sands in Alberta?

Ed

Your talking about the YJ............It's the predessor to the CJ. They were made from 1987-1995......No Jeeps were manfactured in 1996. Then came the TJ from 1997 through 2006, then the JK from 2007 to present. Wikipedia has a great page on Jeeps with alot of imformation like this.

Estrick, I never leave Arkansas anymore... I have been in the oil business for 23 years so I have a pretty good job at home now but I have done my share of traveling but the threat of Pennsylvania is always looming with the Marsellas coal gas exploration ExxonMobil has going on there........... Im hoping to stay here in Arkansas but you never know in the oil patch as I'm sure you know!!

they make a kit.... if you later on decide you don't like square anymore...

Attachments

• New Grill with round hl.JPG
    New Grill with round hl.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 6,969
  • 100_0956.JPG
    100_0956.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 5,512

they make a kit.... if you later on decide you don't like square anymore...

Yeah, we saw that long ago. Mudwoman loves her YJ (as do I) but she always like the round headlights (as do I, but not like it's a "must" thing). We decided that we love her YJ just the way it is. Hey, the "look" grows on you after a while and in the long run, the "look" really doesn't matter anyway.

Hello Clyde,

thanks for the tip on Wikipedia. Can't believe I did not think of that. Thanks for the help.

Oil and Gas field tech, huh? I just got back from Edmonton. You ever get up to the oil sands in Alberta?

Ed

i live in Sask, but was born in alberta worked alot around grad prarrie but not too much oil work

Back