Plasti Dip your Jeep

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone tried this? It looks pretty cool. Guys are thinning does standard Plasti-Dip and using it to shoot their cars. I wonder if it would peel off when rubbing against trees limbs.

Cool. Seems like it would be fragile. Are you thinking about doing this?

Hey Terry.

I did my wheels last summer and did some touch ups on the bumper end caps, front and rear, and other trim. I did scrape the right front end cap the other day on the edge of the garage door and it peeled a little. Probably wouldn't take a lot of heavy abuse without a lot of coats. The wheels have held up well, but I put 4-5 coats on them.

It did a really great job of restoring the deep black of the end caps, which were faded pretty bad ('01 TJ). I'll fix the scrape once it warms up here MI.

I've seen quite a few people plasti-dip just the grill on their JK.
MG_5032.jpg
One guy dipped his whole Jeep.
IMG-20120722-01041.jpg
IMG-20120811-01216.jpg

I'm on the fence about it right now. I don't know how long it would last. I like that it's easily removable but seems like a lot of work for something that may not last very long.

Hey, that's a great idea!
I'm locked into sporting my chrome grill right now because it's rubbed off some of the paint. I may try painting the grill to see how it looks.

I don't think I'd want to do the whole thing.

I saw a vehicle (Toyota PU 4X4) that had been sprayed with the stuff used for truck bedliners. It looked great and appeared to be pretty durable.

As easy as that Plasti Dip peeled off the glass and trim, it seems to fragile for a Jeep and might be peeled by branches and maybe even just getting in and out like along door rails.

Post a report when you are done...it would be great to hear how well it goes on and holds up.

Back