You might be a redneck if ........

greg92jeepxj

Official Supporter
Welcome to the new thread " you might be a redneck if........ It's idea was born from the natural humor possessed by our membership which makes up the family called JEEPZ.com . Out of necessity , it is sometimes necessary to fashion a procurement as a solution to a repair problem . This prompts the natural instinct to call upon ones personal ingenuity to justify what is seen as fit for such a repair . From the mother of necessity was born , redneck ingenuity . I have personally seen this engineering done and found myself marveling at its simplicity but incredibly obvious method of engineering and repair made me feel I was so much in agreement with the technique applied. It is founded on the simple "where there's a will , there's a way " .
Ever since personally discovered , I have found that getting it done by what means necessary of available, you just get down to earth and do whatever it takes . Has been working for me ever since . I'm proud to say I learned it from a former Floridian ( haven't seen him in years ) transplanted to my home town of Staten Island , New York . One most ingenious repair was the recondition method of a front timing cover of a Buick V6 engine. He was dead against me spending over $200 for a replacement part. He took me to the shop he worked at and trued it on a belt sander with Emory cloth . By eye , and feeler gauge , he got the cover flat with no warping left and it sealed like new and restored oil pressure. Was as grateful as I was astounded at his backyard education handed down to him . I told him I had learned and got my start from my dad too and I think my methods were probably no different than his . He than said " I guess you got a little redneck in you ! " asked him to explain "redneck" and he told me, there is no explanation , you either got it or you don't . He said you make do with what you got , or the tool man gets all your money . Been make shifting pullers and pressers when I need to ever since. Sometimes more inclined to buy a tool , but I still prefer to keep this personal ingenuity that we all possess alive . Personal accomplishment is self gratifying to me , as is to all of us . We would not build our own jeeps , or anything for that matter if it were not a labor of love. I'm personally proud to say , " I got a little redneck in me too " . Got to respect anyone who gets it done with their own two hands and the gift God gave.
With that said , I'd like to announce the formation of this thread to give members a place to post what they may find humorous for the pure purpose of watching someone else laugh at what may be found funny and share it with all who need a good laugh.
Jeff Foxworthy's claim to fame was with this very line " you might be a redneck if....." And I have giggled at any post I read that a member said " redneck it " or used in any other capacity . All are welcome to share some good , clean fun and get your kicks and giggles out to see how laughter is the best medicine as my mom used to say . There are no rules , just respect for each other as has always been . If you've ever laughed at someone's home made ingenuity , or your own , feel free to post it here and share your humorous experience with the family ! Just remember , it's all good , clean fun , brotherly and sisterly love . Never any harmful insults . Or anything derogatory .
Enjoy this new thread , keep 'me coming and feel free to send me, Greg92jeepxj a PM if you would like,to,express any concerns or comments with regards to this thread . Thank you all for your participation and whoever laughs the most , wins!

Last edited:

YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK IF...........

You might be a redneck if you take an old console lid hinge and fashion a strap to reassemble a mailbox lid snapped in half by hurricane Sandy's flood waters back together to get your mail ( like I did ) . When did you ever see quarter inch bolt heads in between the letters " U.S. MAIL " on a mailbox lid ? I think it's says a home schooled engineer lives here !

YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK IF ............

You might be a redneck if you fix your well rusted out and partially eaten away exhaust hanger(s) with pre-drilled strap roll to hold your exhaust up from dragging on the street making sparks ( like I did ) instead of buying a replacement Walker hanger.

if you attached a 100 yr old reciprocating blade mower to your jeep and mowed your grass =P

Ok first of all I am a redneck but I'm ok with that. Alot of this stuff is just day to day for me but if it makes you laugh have at it. You might be a redneck if...
1. if the better part of your anttena is a coathanger and the passenger mirror is it's upper mount.
2.if you can haul off a month's worth of beer cans, recycle them, take the money from this and buy something useful for your Jeep.
3. if your trans case shifter knob is a 12ga mossberg pistol grip.
4.if your Jeep was stolen you would be more upset about the sum of it's parts than the Jeep it'self getting stolen. In other words, Man that hardtop was hard to find...I just rebuilt that T176 and Dana 300 combo!
5.if people often stop by your house asking to buy Jeep parts.
6. if someone asks, "are you going to fix it up?" and you say Done did.
7. if you have fired a gun from the seat of your Jeep.
8. if you have traded guns for Jeep parts.
9. if you have used a fruity pebbles box to make a gasket.
10.if you have used the bumper of your Jeep as an anvil to shape something metal.
11.if you have been mudding several times in the last 6months and have never washed it.
12.if you welded on your Jeep more than A.MC. did.
13.if you have used your Jeep to pull a 12x16 wooden pre fab building because the company you bought it from couldn't set it exactly where you wanted it. (Yes it was on the ground, with a strap and no it didn't have wheels under it) A proud moment for the old CJ!
14.if you have Hank the 3rd or Rebel son in your Jeeps CD player.

Ok first of all I am a redneck but I'm ok with that. Alot of this stuff is just day to day for me but if it makes you laugh have at it. You might be a redneck if...
13.if you have used your Jeep to pull a 12x16 wooden pre fab building because the company you bought it from couldn't set it exactly where you wanted it. (Yes it was on the ground, with a strap and no it didn't have wheels under it) A proud moment for the old CJ!

Getting ready to do this now... rofl my shed needs to move about a foot so I can get my trailer between it and the fence :)

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

Don't for get use a chain and a tree to get the bent end out of your fount bumper from pushing over trees

Load the back of your wrangler up with wood cuzz u don't have a trailer and a truck can't get where your cuting( I just pull logs out now to the truck

A 40 oz Budweiser relieves your upset stomach and poop shoot activities. Two days, sick as a dog, on second day drank a 40 oz, and I'll be darned.

You use WD-40 to clean your AA batteries corrosion for your flashlight instead of buying new ones at the $.99 store . But then again , you might just be cheap .

...if while talking to your insurance agent you wince when he talks about buffing out your trail scars...

If u take the capet out of the back cuzz its easyer to clean the blood from a deer u just shot out of the back of your jeep(done a few time now got a rack for the reese)

If u take out your back seat to have a place for the keg to sit so u can drink right from the tap driving down the trail and have a funle and a hose running out the drain plug in the floor so u don't have to stop to pee

You are under your jeep getting dirty on a hot day when the regular folks are walking up to the ice stand and muttering " how could anyone work on a car in this weather !"

[video]Http://www.youtube.com/maceyofgrandbend[/video] engine shampoo gone wrong

You shampoo your engine from the inside out

Back