Finally found one

Allie

I finally found one and took two monthes.I decided to purchase a 2003 Grand Cherokee and will be mine tommorrow.I work at an used car lot as a mechanic and my boss was a great help on it.I told him that I wanted a 1999 to 2004 Grand Cherokee with a 4.0 and part time 4wd.He listened and a friend of his,another used car dealer got one in and called him to have me come over.I liked it on the spot,clean rig with 120,000 miles taken care of very well.I trust this dealer very well,he will not sell junk on his lot.I test drove and the only problem I found was it pulled when I hit the brake,has a froze up brake caliper.Came back and told him I wanted it.Discussed price,he wanted $5,000.00 and took my offer of $4,000.00.I plan on installing a lift kit and doing the slip yoke eliminator conversion to the transfer case.Luckily I don't have to spend money on the wheels and tires,Have a set that will fit.

Bought it today and fixed the brake problem.I ended up replacing the front brake rotors,brake pads,right front brake caliper and right front brake hose.Drives good and no more pull when hitting the brakes.

Be sure to inspect the driver side as well. Normally if one side needs new rotor and pads the other will to (since they are most likely the same age).

I replaced the left front brake rotor too including the brake pads on the left.I did not like the brake pads that were installed anyway,cheap brake pads from AutoZone.I installed Wagner ceramic brake pads since I have had great luck with them so far.I have been driving it around ever since,no more problems yet.In a couple weeks,a 4 inch suspension lift kit and slip yoke eliminator kit gets installed.Ordered the lift kit and slip yoke eliminator kit today.

Back