The wave

jgm

When I got my first jeep in 2000, you drove down the road, other Jeepers would wave. I sold it 2 years ago and regretted it from week 2. I bought a new one 3 months ago, the wave is Gone. I wave and you get what the hell from the their eyes. I am not sure why, but I feel that because of the 4 door is mostly a soccer moms car they do not have any idea of what friends you can find in the jeep world. Just thinking why.
Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz

Yep you hit the nail on the head... there should be a short lesson or a DVD to watch for new owners....

Sent from my note2 using my thumb

Thanks, I am glad it's not just me feeling this. Maybe see you in the hills sometime.

I've been on both sides of this dilemma. Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz
Sorry. Fat fingers and small screen.
I've driven past someone and waved and yes... Got the "who the f$!k are you?" look.
I've also been on a decent sized highway doing 60mph or so and have some fool coming the opposite way swinging his hand wildly. I'm like " I can't wave.. I need to pay attention to the person in front of me before they brake check me.
I also live in NJ where warm and friendliness is just a word in the dictionary. I wave when I can... And when someone doesn't return the favor .... I say to myself with a smile "whatever".

9 out of 10 Jeeper's in Washington wave. We are all still pretty friendly out here. When I had my TJ most of em waved. When I was pulling my Willy's behind my truck people waved. My dad was impressed at how many people waved when he bought his Rubicon. It might just depend on the area you live in.

I live in Vegas NV

I've noticed that since Jeep decided to offer a 2wd version (2007.....the JK's....the Hummer wanna be's), waves have gone down considerably. I still get waves here 'cause that's just what people do.......except the out of staters (tourists). But I have definitely noticed a diminishing of the "Jeep" wave the last few years. Should be put in the owner's manual......"Wave at other Jeepers!! It's a Jeep thing and nobody else understands!". But, unfortunately, it's not. It's all about sales.

I couldn't agree more . Whenever we saw someone in a totally cool jeep with roll bars , lift kit and heavily aggressive tread , how could we not just totally lose it and respond with our highest approval ! Jeeps , either you totally love them or stick to an econo slug. Even the mustang , firebird and Camaro crowd got respect. It seems that corporate America has forgotten that it's all about the jeep , not the money. Sometimes I wonder , is it when after market starts capitalizing that the auto industry follows ? More like definately . I guess it's up to us to keep the feeling alive and show what it means , what it's all about . Yeah , it's a jeep thing . Either you get it or you don't.

Yes, no matter what I wave even if I get what h### look maybe one day the will realize that Jeepers are a family, raised up big tires or a stock jeep. I have had both first one all the goodies but my new one is stock today (money) maybe some day. My first goal is get my wife's (lol) hardtop of and stored and get my canvas on.
Everyone keep waving.

image-1081932610.jpg

It was said in another thread about this subject something like ,, Jeepers wave, but Jeep owners don't". Not sure if that's the exact wording but it really is true. I live in Northern California and don't get nearly as many waves as I used to.

Yep, I am a jeeper I keep waving on the road and off. I got a return wave today, wow. But let's keep it up and jeep owners will become Jeepers

I was behind a jeep for a few miles on the way home from work this morning and we passed 5 jeeps in that few miles and each one waved. I couldnt tell if the one I was following waved or not though. I hope so.

Most folks driving older Jeeps here in the once great State of California still wave, but yeah, it must take the owners of those new Jeeps a while to learn the custom because they definitely wave less most of the time.....though I will admit, I was putting groceries into my Jeep not log ago when a nice looking 25 y/o woman walked by and said "Nice Jeep.". Made my day! Anyway, she walked further out into the lot and got into a Honda. It made me wonder if her other car was a Jeep or maybe her dad drove a Jeep.

I got a wave after 3 months and they had CO Plates. Wave not dead.

We have a couple of snobs that drive Jeeps in my town, it is almost as if they are afraid to move one hand off the steering wheel for fear of going into the ditch.

Back