New Jeep Wrangler will have a 3.0 liter Diesel engine

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
The rumor mill is back at it. This time an "anonymous source" from Fiat said that the new Wrangler will offer a diesel pared with the 8 speed automatic transmission.

AutoBlog said:
Following up on previous reports, an anonymous source within FCA has confirmed to Autoblog that the next-generation Jeep Wrangler will come to market with both a 3.0-liter, EcoDiesel V6 and ZF's critically acclaimed eight-speed automatic transmission.

While this pairing makes a lot of sense (we'll explain why in a minute), until now, we only had limited reports that either item would arrive in the next-generation Wrangler. This is the first time we've heard that the eight-speed automatic and the diesel would be paired together.

<snip>

Jeep has flirted with the idea of a diesel Wrangler for some time, with CEO Mike Manley telling Ward's Auto just over two years ago that a Wrangler diesel was "on the radar," although at that time, we weren't certain whether it'd be the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel showing up in the rough-and-tumble off-roader. As for the eight-speed, SEC filings back in November revealed that it'd be coming to the Wrangler in 2018. Our source could not confirm which model year the 8AT/diesel would arrive in.

Next-gen Jeep Wrangler to get 8-speed automatic and 3.0-liter EcoDiesel

Who knows whats next but in my Opinion they can drive it up their a$$ not a fan of any new jeeps dodge is slowly killing the jeep and everything thing it stands for bunch of over priced crap

We own a Jeep with the 3.0L EcoDiesel and 8spd, it's an awesome drivetrain. I did read it's too long for the 2dr JK so I doubt the WK2 diesel drive train will be used. I did read they were considering using a 2.8L diesel drive train already in production for overseas markets.

I'd probably sell my 3 jeeps for a diesel Wrangler.

Back