Anyone tried Windows 10 yet?

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I just upgraded one of my computers to Windows 10, and I must admit I like it. The upgrade process was super easy, and you really can't beat free.

Anyone else out there running the new OS?

Thanks for reminding me to check for my windows 10 availability ! I mostly work from my iPad 2 and neglect to open my desktop . At the time of this posting , I've just successfully upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 professional from a windows 8 software install after a complete mATX upgrade of my desktop ( Dell dimension 4600 I ) . Free windows media player is a plus and easier to navigate than windows 8.1 although not terrible but will have to work out my Verizon fios email . Don't want Microsoft outlook and got tired of holding with Verizon tech support so will have to get back later . I think I will be loving it . Got to,work,out things such as will my archaicic hp printer be compatible ( should be ?) but I think all will learn to love this new operating system .
update : in my case , my old hp printer was compatible so I believe whatever hardware was compatible with wW 7 & 8 should be with 10. Will not have time to give it a full test drive as I've on,y got time to take it around the block now but as JPNinPA posted the loss of some settings , will have to check this too . There is a difference in architecture but I believe its mainly because of the cryers complaints of the changes from XP and W 7 departure that has old dogs unable to be compatible to new tricks themselves as well as their hardware. But don't take my word for it , Cortana is waiting for you .........

Last edited:
From what I understand you loose control of some settings. Haven't seen it for myself though.

The worst thing for me was that they removed Windows Media Center - I'm one of the 6 or so people that actually uses Windows Media Center as a DVR to record and play TV.

Other than that I really like 10.

Wondering if windows media center will be available as a purchase as windows media player was in windows 8 ? If so , it wouldn't be fair to have to pay for it . That was a complaint for 8 .

Back