speedometer stuffs

LGR

so the lift is goin in on sunday and I was talking with the guy thats helpin me install it and he said do i have the stuff to change the speedometer settings...i didn't even think about that. anyone have any idea how to do somthing like that..he said the car will act better when its all set up because of these new space age electrics in the car. help please![addsig]

When you lift the jeep, and you get the final tire size, and the gear set you will run (ex. 33 inchers, 4.56:1) go down to a reputable jeep dealership (preferable one where the service staff have off road rigs and not PJ's) and give them this info, they will give you a new gear that will need to be installed into the tail shaft. If you are also installing a SYE, it can be done at that time (what I am doing).

I was reading that superlift just released a modual of some type that is wired into the speedo, and can calibrate it for any gear and tire size, but I am unsure how it will work if it is a mechanical speedo (with cable)

[addsig]

yeah i'll have to check into that..say...is it an expensive item? cause the axle gearing doesn't get changed until lockers and that means more saving.[addsig]

Back