Camo Jeeps, the next step in hunting and Jeeping....

Dixiedhntr

I just started a web-site for my 1996 camo Jeep Cherokee Country w/ 3' inch BDS Suspension lift, 31x10.50 MTR's, and American Racing Rims! I turned it into a club for other camojeep owners. It's a place people can showcase their camoflauge Jeeps for FREE! Members recive benifits like free stickers and such... :shock: I also have T-Shirts comming but have a limited quantity in S-XL! I also have blaze orange toboggans with WWW.CAMOJEEP.COM in black lettering comming and those are limited also so e-mail me and sign up for one if you are interested. I will beposting a better description of the merchandise on my web-site camojeep.com! Come Check Out My Jeep! :D

Sincerely,
Stuart

cast?

I can't come, my jeep isn't "camo".
Oh well your loss.

lol. give the guy a pic of your rig tug. i love that camo paint look.

Slightly off topic, help

I am not a hunter nor a big fan of the liberty, but man is that one saaaaaaaaaawwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet camo cherokee!!!! We have a place here in Arkansas called War Eagle (mainly boats) that does camo jobs like yours. How much did your ride cost to have done? And has anyone done the new military camo pattern yet??
Does an all olive drab and black CJ7 count as camo??? :D

I pulled the site up but I couldn't see the Jeep in the pictures. Must be a good camo job. Is that the sticker kit that Mack's Prairie Wings offers.

I am actually using "rustoleum" (sp?) They have a gloss tan that is an exact color match for the CARC paint that the army is using on everything that is getting sent to the sand. :D
I will post pics as I get more of it done.

help with image

Really? cool... I was going for the plain ol' flat matte finish. Yeah, I'd like to see it when you're done man!

Only thing I hate about flat paint is trying to clean mud stains off/out of the paint. The CARC paint the army uses is flat and keeping that stuff clean was a B1#$H when I was in the army. I am not after a super high gloss mirror finish, I don't think that is possible with a rattlecan paint job. Should be easy to clean it off after a long weekend of wheeling when I am done.

I used the flat krylon "camo" paint they had/have at Walmart. It is ultra flat and hasn't been the slight bit of an issue to wash. And we have that stain everything orange mud too.

whining...

Hey Dixie I got one of the there camoed Jeeps and I love it! The only way to go far as I can see. You can have a pretty Jeep if you want one or you can have a Camo Jeep! Now your jeep is sure enough nice! But I am a fan of the old Wall Mart Krylon Rattle Can School. It aint as nice as yours is and all like that but I like it just a simple guy! I will post a pic and you tell me if I qualify for a camo jeep deal. I call my Jeep Tugly cause it is tugs ugly jeep. Ugly top! Ugly Paint! Ugly Jeep!

As for thoes of you that are about to Camo I salute You! But Come on guys! Camo is an ulta flat thing. No shine at all. That is the whole deal here. Mud stains are an effect not a defect! If your going to go whole hog and get real ugly then don't try to make it something it aint. Rattle Can Camo is the way to go.

OK last time I was in the woods with L33TJ33P I was all up against a tree for what seemed like a week till we got out the come along and pulled the but of the jeep free to the side so it would move again. Pileing fire wood sized logs under the front wheel so it would slide off the banks and not high center. So I get a little dent or two on the gutter of the roof. and some paint was missing. No Boo Hoo here just laugh it off and go to wall mart! All better for the cost of less than 6 bucks you can not tell it was ever a problem.

Go real Camo or don't go at all! It is an ez fix and alot of fun. I free hand My camo jobs and if it don't look just right you just add a coat of another color till it does! "at least in your eyes" Like Bob Ross says Happy Mistakes! Thre ia little patch of brown that lives right here! and a sand curl over there. heheheehe

Advantages of a Camo Jeep.
1. Door dings are no big deal!

2. New fenders hoods ect are an ez paint match for little money!

3. Most folks don't even think about breaking into a camo jeep! "Owner crazy"

4. Little Kids love it!

5. People can't see you! hehehe tug

image-missing.png

Tugly

image-missing.png

Tugly on the trail

image-missing.png

Will "my son's" Ranger

I would have taken mine to a shop to get it done but I have a thing about doing as much on my own to my xj and like Tug says it is really easy to cover trail damage / usage evidence. With mine I am after a single color not a combination and I work on an army base so it will turn a head or two I am sure. I even thought about buffing it out to get it really smooth and glossy but I beat on this thing to much to spend the time on that. Plus tan hides the dirt here really well.

Back