hi from the 4 corners

let's go uncle bill!!! I'm right behind you with my lime green TJ. When I lived in Wisconsin I was surrounded my farm land and nothing but corn fields. I used to drive in the firelanes through the cornfields (I had permission from the farmers). I used to have full steel doors before I changed to the black half doors. That cut down on some of the green. Before I did, I seemed to blend in with all the "green" around me. Very weird looking.

Think we could make a movie? I'll write, you direct. :idea:

Jeeps of the Corn.:twisted::twisted:

let's go uncle bill!!! I'm right behind you with my lime green TJ. When I lived in Wisconsin I was surrounded my farm land and nothing but corn fields. I used to drive in the firelanes through the cornfields (I had permission from the farmers). I used to have full steel doors before I changed to the black half doors. That cut down on some of the green. Before I did, I seemed to blend in with all the "green" around me. Very weird looking.

Think we could make a movie? I'll write, you direct. :idea:

Jeeps of the Corn.:twisted::twisted:
okay!
we'll make some crop circles!:shades:

since there isnt a designated place for it.
this turned into a build thread.

T/C leak

i have to refill it everytime i drive it

i really really dont want to pull this T/C and have my jeep torn apart once again for weeks in my driveway.
i am trying to isolate this leak so i will know where it is coming from.
it's tricky.
as far as i can tell the only kinda sorta cure for a intermediate shaft leak is to buy a novak kit that has o-rings.
and replace gaskets/double up on seals.

not having a garage stinks.
but i would have to sell the jeep to be able to afford to move to a place that had a garage.
icon_rotflmao-2.gif

it is this situation that makes me think i should just fill the case everytime before i drive it and save up until i have the money to hand it over to a mechanic and say fix it.
i just dont have the equipment or a place to do this.
i am not discouraged.
but i have to face the fact that it may very well cost $600-$1000 to fix this problem.
before someone tells me that it should only cost a fraction of what i said.
or that it should take me 10 minutes to do it myself.
it takes weeks for me to do something like this.
(i been down this road before)
the mechanic holds all the cards.
if i dont like his prices i can take it somewhere else.
which means paying someone to trailer it for a long ways to a different mechanic.
see what i mean?

i dont like it but that is how it is.

if it is less $$$
thats great.
but i am counting on a worst case scenario.
that way i wont wet myself when i get a gigantic bill.

as far as toughing it out and doing it myself.
i was underneath this jeep in feburary at 7000 feet with a floodlight in the morning before work gutting the brakes.
and spent every day off for 4 months on it.
i paid my dues.

i just dont have the equipment or a place to do this.

dirt driveway with no weather protection or lights or proper tools or bench etc....

i am done with squatting in the dirt trying to play mechanic.
i love this jeep
but it was an impulse buy and i wish i would have thought it through before i got it.
for instance
W.T.H. am i supposed to work on it?
icon_rotflmao-2.gif

live and learn eh?

i can laugh at myself.
getting bent out of shape wont do any good.

i drove it to a buddies house for dinner recently.
he says
i'll paint that top for you just for the heluvit.
my response?
just for the heluvit
I'LL LET YOU!
so soon it will be ivory just like the wheels.
i think it will look really good with that color scheme.
when i 1st got this rig i decided i didnt want the menacing giant bumper ,huge tire,throaty roar type beast.
i wanted something that i can go get ice cream on a sunday without scaring small children an lil old ladies

i got the T/C leak fixed $204
but i still need rear inner seals and a front main seal.

Top looks great ol friend! Glad to hear you got that t case leak fixed finally (knock on wood!) Why'd ya leave out the step during the painting party?

Top looks great ol friend! Glad to hear you got that t case leak fixed finally (knock on wood!) Why'd ya leave out the step during the painting party?
i am going to paint them black and i have some diamond plate for the steps themselves.
it is going back to the mechanic for rear inner seals and front pinion seal.

i have a confession to make.
you know that jeep?
i like to take it out on my buddies acreage and barrel around bouncing all over the place playing
DAKTARI!
member that teevee show?

Visions of Bill racing across the prarie, and through the mountains, to save a litter of lynx kittens whos mother was killed by a wolverine...

Visions of Bill racing across the prarie, and through the mountains, to save a litter of lynx kittens whos mother was killed by a wolverine...
Visions of Bill racing across the prarie GUNS A BLAZIN, and through the mountains :DGUNS A BLAZIN, to save a litter of lynx kittens whos mother was killed by a RABID wolverine.

update
i took apart the oil bath air cleaner and found this incoherent mess.
whoever did this didnt have the foggiest idea of WTF he was doing.
zsmithwesson272240-1.jpg

zsmithwesson272241-1.jpg

zsmithwesson272242-1.jpg

but i found an unmolested one.
installed it and replaced the hoses the P.O. had cut or incorrectly installed.
the slug has never run better!

uhmmm could you send him my way . . .:twisted::shades: j/k

Back