2004 Jeep TJ Supercharger, Stroked, & Lifted 8" 400 HP Engine

4wheelcustoms

Custom 2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ 8" Lift, 37" Tires, & 400 HP Engine! - $30000 (Springfield, MO)

2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport with an endless amount of upgrades/modifications: (Built by 4 Wheel Customs, Inc.)
Unlike most Jeeps built to the level of this one, we actually started with a brand new Jeep right off the show room floor. I am the original owner... This Jeep has never been wrecked or damaged in any way. I will include as much history on it as I can below but you are more than welcome to call my cell phone at 417-827-9701 if you have questions that are not answered here. You are also welcome to come out and look at it to see just how nice it is. The pictures do not do it justice. I am very meticulous and this thing was built that way and has been maintained just as well.

The graphics on the back of the Jeep are just vinyl stickers/wrap with the company logo, they can be removed before you pick the Jeep up if you wish. It only takes about 5 minutes to take it off.

Only 22,300 original miles on this Jeep! Of those miles, only about 3,000 of those miles are on the engine since it was rebuilt for better performance and the transmission was just went through and beefed up as well by Cottman Transmission (we have the receipts).

I bought the Jeep new on July 4th, 2004 just before the 05’s came out. I used the Jeep as a daily driver for about 2 years before turning it into my toy/show Jeep for my business which was around 18,000 miles... While using it as a daily driver, it had a 5.5" Rubicon Express Long Arm Kit on it and that was about the only modifications it had. The Jeep now has 22,300 miles on it. Just about everything mechanically has been upgraded/replaced to make it much stronger than stock. We did the modifications/upgrades slowly over a couple years. In Spring 2007, the jeep had around 19,000 miles on it when I decided to put a Hesco Supercharger Kit on it and a stroker kit in the motor. It makes more power than a lot of the V8 Jeeps around and sounds very mean as well. The stock motor in these Jeeps made 195 hp and this motor with the supercharger and stroker kit is making between 350-400 hp but the torque is even more impressive. The 4.0L inline 6 is known for being a good offroad engine due to the torque it makes and this one makes much more than stock. The motor was completely rebuilt at this time and all internals were replaced with upgraded parts such as a Crane Cam, Diamond Pistons, Rings, Stroker Crank, H-Beam Rods, new valves, all new bearings, and much more. This was all done by a reputable engine builder out of Oklahoma. You can literally lift the left front tire off the ground when taking off from a stop light if you wish. Running out of power while climbing a hill on or offroad simply is not an issue. While the motor is a high performance engine, it was built so it could also be driven as a daily driver around town and on the highway.
At the time of the engine modifications, I also put a Clayton offroad 4 link rear stretch suspension on the Jeep which moves the rear axle back 8 inches to improve handling/climbing ability. Moving the axle back 8" makes an enormous difference offroad and unlike the unlimited models, the tail of the Jeep is not extended so it does not drag on rocks,etc when decending off a ledge,etc.. It also drives better on the road with the longer wheelbase. When doing this, you remove the stock fuel tank which gives you even more clearance decending off obstacles. I chose to go with a RCI fuel cell which fits perfectly behind the rear seat and you do not know it is even there. All of this was done very professionally and looks great. I am very meticulous when it comes to the looks of things and the quality of fabrication, you won't find better work on any Jeep out there... Other than the engine and performance mod's, it has an endless amount of other modifications done which I have tried to make a list of below but I am sure I will miss a few little things. If you're interested in it, I would encourage you to take the time to come and see it so you can see just how nice it is... Pictures just don't do it justice. Come see it and make your offer then if you wish...

This Jeep is in excellent condition mechanically and cosmetically. Yes, the Jeep has seen a few trails but that is what it is built for and it has never been abused. We use it as a company show vehicle so it has never been wheeled very hard. It spends most of the time sitting in the garage or an accassional drive around town. It has probably only been offroad about 10 times which includes 3 trips to Moab and it did an excellent job on all the trails there. This Jeep has been entered in truck shows and won so it serves all purposes including getting you around town. Some lifted jeeps are scary to drive because they are not built right, no expense was spared in building this Jeep and it drives great even on the highway. You can drive 90 mph on the highway no problem if you wish and the Jeep tracks perfectly straight and handles very good. The body and paint are all in excellent condition. It has very few minor scratches here and there which I will try to show in the pictures but feel free to come by to look at it in person. The very few that it does have are simply surface scratches from small tree branches on the trails. It has one scratch on the right rear corner but the other very few minor scratches could easily be buffed out if you wish. The front fenders and rear fenders are all powder coated to matcht he paint on the rest of the Jeep. They match pretty good but matching powder coat to paint is hard so it is not an exact match. The interior is in excellent condition and the carpet looks nearly new as well as the seats. It has a cd player with factory sound bar and subwoofer.
The only things missing or not working on the Jeep were simply unpluged or removed to make room or accomodate performance modifications. The windshield washer tank is currently out of the Jeep to make room for the onboard air compressor and other accessories but it could easily be put back in as I did not remove any of that system other than the tank and I do have the tank to go with the Jeep. The stock fuel gauge is unhooked (aftermarket fuel cell) but you can put a sending unit in the aftermarket fuel cell if you wish to hook the fuel gauge up. I just use the odometer trip setting to know when to fuel up and it works fine. Other than those two items, everything else works great and is hooked up in excellent working condition. The Jeep has been inspected and does pass state inspection and is licensed to drive on the street.

You will not find a nicer Jeep anywhere. This Jeep serves multiple purposes which is nice, there's no need in having a Jeep for running around town and another for offroad, this one does it all... You can drive to the trails that the buggy's have to trailer to, follow buggies around the trails, hit the moderate trails with other Jeep buddies and show them how its done with ease, or jump in the Jeep and go to work or run around town..

A Stock 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport with factory options like this Jeep blue books at $17,935 without any of the $36,000 in aftermarket modifications this one has.
Factory options it has include: Air Conditioning, Black Soft Top w/ Tinted Windows, Black Hard Top, CD Player, and Premium Sound (Subwoofer in center console and a sound bar). Remember, that the $17935 is just bone stock value of the Jeep as it sits with 22k miles on it.

Parts/Accessories/Upgrade list not including shipping that I can think of at the moment:

HESCO 4.0L Supercharger Kit $4500 (It was $5500 when I bought it but has since came down to $4500)

Supercharger Installation $500. (It was also tuned on a chassis dyno.)

HESCO 6 lb Pulley (Also have 8 lb pulley to go with it to make more power/boost) $50

4.6L Stroker Kit w/Diamond Pistons, Rods, Crane Cam, ALL New Internals, & Machine Work $6500 (The engine was completely rebuilt to the stroker motor with super charger at 19,000 miles in 2007)

HESCO Hi Flow/Pressure Fuel Pump w/Regulator $325

Larger Fuel Injector Kit $299.99

Borla Headers and Magnaflow Race Muffler $600

AirAid Cold Air Intake System $365.20

PSC Hi Flow Power Steering Pump w/ option to run Hydraulic Assist Ram $350

(4) New 37x12.50R17 Pro Comp Extreme Mud terrain Tires $1891.72 (Tires have been on the Jeep for less than 500 miles and have only been offroad once)

(4) MRW Heavy Duty 17x9 Rock Crawler Steal Bead-Lock Wheels $1048.73 (Basically new, only been offroad one time)

Rubicon Express Long Arm Kit $2789.95

Rubicon Express 7.5” Coil $379.90

Rubicon Monotube Nitrogen Shocks $319.95

Rubicon Express Steering Stabilizer $34.95

HD Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit $299.95

Clayton Off-Road 4 Link Rear Supension/Axle Relocation Kit $1000

Labor for fabrication/installing all suspension components $2000

RCI Fuel Cell $250

Poison Spyder Customs Competition Cut 3/16” Rear Crusher Corners Plus Powder Coating $499.99

Rear LED Tail Lights $69.99

Smittybuilt Tube Fenders (front) Plus Powder Coating $549.99

WARN Rock Crawler Front Bumper $332.49

WARN Winch Plate $269.79

WARN Grille Guard $175.11

WARN Rear Bumper $407.11

Milemarker SE12000 12,000 lb Winch $700

Synthetic 25,000 lb Winch Rope $300

PSC Steering Box Skid Plate $65

Big Daddy Off-Road Rocker Guards/Steps Plus Armorcoating $500

Cobra CB and External Antenna $125

Viair Onboard Air Compressor= $250

Labor for installing bumpers, rocker guards, winch, CB, fenders, onboard air, CB, etc including some custom fabrication $800

Custom Graphics Wrap $1200 (Wrap can be included or we can remove it before picking up the Jeep, very easy to take off)

Transmission Completely Rebuilt at 21,721 miles (Upgraded to withstand additional HP/Torque) $1930

Yukon 4.88 Gears Front and Rear with Master Install Kits $750

Detroit True Trac Locker in Front Dana 30 and Detroit Locker in Rear Dana 44 $1200

Yukon 4340 Axle Shafts and Super-Joints in front and Spare Yukon 4340 Rear Axle Shafts $1800

Labor for Installing Gears, Lockers, and Axles= $1000

Dana 30 Front Rock crusher Differential Guard= $100

Total upgrades in the list above= $36,329.81

Above listed upgrades and current retail price of the Jeep= $54,264.81. I am only asking $30,000 obo!

We have over 70k invested!!! You can get it for less than half of what we have invested and everything is basically in new condition all the way down to new 37" tires and 17" beadlock wheels.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at chris@4wheelcustoms.com or call my cell at 417-827-9701. The Jeep is located at my home in Springfield, MO so feel free to contact me to set up a time to come and see it if you wish.

Attachments

• DSC02970.JPG
    DSC02970.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 55,545
  • DSC02971.JPG
    DSC02971.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 45,734
  • DSC02972.JPG
    DSC02972.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 15,093
  • DSC02975.JPG
    DSC02975.JPG