1991 YJ for sale -trail ready!

Joopin

Super Moderator
Hey folks,
the day has come... have to sell my Wrangler. Have a new kid now and don't have time to wheel anymore. I haven't gone wheeling in over a year!

Anyway, the specs:
1991 Wrangler 4.0 6cyl Manual trans
250k miles but still runs like a top! Starts right up, no oil leaks. The trans has been rebuilt a couple years back... along with a new clutch and rear main seal. Brand new radiator.
Banks stainless exhaust, everything but the manifold. High flow cat.

The body is in good shape, has a couple rust spots but that is to be expected on one of this age.
The windshield frame is the worst of course, and the glass needs replacing. I was just going to swap out the whole thing from a junkyard.

It comes with 3 tops, hard top, soft top, bikini top. Has full doors, carpet removed and hurculined. Seat covers, sound bar, all that junk that doesn't matter on the trail. Now for the good stuff.

I did a spring over axle lift on it, with RE reverse eye 1.5" lift springs in the back and AAL in the front. Running on 36x14.50 PJs (with full size spare)
Transfer case drop, SYE kit, CV rear shaft.

Front Axle: D30 with 4.56 open gears. high steer conversion... doesn't even need steering stabilizers! New slotted rotors and pads on the brakes. Swaybar disconnects.
AGR steering box

Rear Axle: D44 with 4.56 limited slip. Brakes converted to Disk with New slotted rotors and pads... No drums, stops on a dime!

Warn 9000 lb winch. (isn't hooked up to the battery since I had to change it)
which reminds me... brand new battery! I let the other one sit too long, had an Optima red top on it.

Bushwacker flares, with one extra (has a little crack in it, 5 total)
Thumb throttle on stick shift.

I'm sure there is stuff I am missing
This is a great rig, it was my daily driver for years, and a weekend warrior.
Wish I didn't have to sell it. I had plans for it!

I have the crankshaft and pushrods out of a 4.2 also, was going to stroke out the engine but never had time.

Pictures to follow, but here is an old pic... changed since then.

asking $4,000. Located in Central Jersey.
I'll throw in the HiLift jack for free!

Last edited:
dang man, you are so going to regret selling that.

good looking and it should sell easily for that price. you are still 1k short of normal price around here for a wrangler

1k short? dang... maybe I should bump it up in price! Someone buy it before I take Superj's advice!

I say throw a tarp over it for the next 4 years then take the little one out on the rocks.

Seriously though, you should sell the hard top and winch separately. They won't increase the overall value of the Jeep that much, but you could probably get a grand or so for them on craigslist / ebay.

If you still have the stock rear bumper then I'd pull the tire carrier as well and sell that separately.

That's what I learned when I sold my old Porsche 914 - buyers wanted a pretty much stock vehicle, and all the addons that I did didn't increase the value at all. I pulled my extra stuff, and sold the car for my asking price, and make money selling the extra stuff on ebay.

It would be heart breaking, but I bet you could part your Jeep out for 6K

TerryMason said:
If you still have the stock rear bumper then I'd pull the tire carrier as well and sell that separately.

That's what I learned when I sold my old Porsche 914 - buyers wanted a pretty much stock vehicle, and all the addons that I did didn't increase the value at all. I pulled my extra stuff, and sold the car for my asking price, and make money selling the extra stuff on ebay.

It would be heart breaking, but I bet you could part your Jeep out for 6K

That's a good idea actually... The hard top and winch that is. I was thinking if parting out the whole thing but I don't have the room to have a chassis sitting around. I'm sure the rear axle would go quick!

Joopin said:
Hey folks,
the day has come... have to sell my Wrangler. Have a new kid now and don't have time to wheel anymore. I haven't gone wheeling in over a year!

Anyway, the specs:
1991 Wrangler 4.0 6cyl Manual trans
250k miles but still runs like a top! Starts right up, no oil leaks. The trans has been rebuilt a couple years back... along with a new clutch and rear main seal. Brand new radiator.
Banks stainless exhaust, everything but the manifold. High flow cat.

The body is in good shape, has a couple rust spots but that is to be expected on one of this age.
The windshield frame is the worst of course, and the glass needs replacing. I was just going to swap out the whole thing from a junkyard.

It comes with 3 tops, hard top, soft top, bikini top. Has full doors, carpet removed and hurculined. Seat covers, sound bar, all that junk that doesn't matter on the trail. Now for the good stuff.

I did a spring over axle lift on it, with RE reverse eye 1.5" lift springs in the back and AAL in the front. Running on 36x14.50 PJs (with full size spare)
Transfer case drop, SYE kit, CV rear shaft.

Front Axle: D30 with 4.56 open gears. high steer conversion... doesn't even need steering stabilizers! New slotted rotors and pads on the brakes. Swaybar disconnects.
AGR steering box

Rear Axle: D44 with 4.56 limited slip. Brakes converted to Disk with New slotted rotors and pads... No drums, stops on a dime!

brand new battery! I let the other one sit too long, had an Optima red top on it.

Bushwacker flares, with one extra (has a little crack in it, 5 total)
Thumb throttle on stick shift.

I'm sure there is stuff I am missing
This is a great rig, it was my daily driver for years, and a weekend warrior.
Wish I didn't have to sell it. I had plans for it!

I have the crankshaft and pushrods out of a 4.2 also, was going to stroke out the engine but never had time.

Pictures to follow, but here is an old pic... changed since then.

asking $4,000. Located in Central Jersey.
I'll throw in the HiLift jack for free!

Winch not included, but can be for a price!

i am glad it sold to someone who likes it and not someone who just wanted something to screw around in.

Back