ISO 97-06 Wrangler Hood

moocksjeep

My mom was driving my jeep with my son and took him to the park and locked the keys in the jeep. I keep a hide-a-key magnet under the hood, she called found out where that was and got into the jeep and took off. About 1 mile down the road WHAM!!!!! She forgot to latch the hood. So again I'm in search of a jeep hood. Please and Thank you in advance

My mom was driving my jeep with my son and took him to the park and locked the keys in the jeep. I keep a hide-a-key magnet under the hood, she called found out where that was and got into the jeep and took off. About 1 mile down the road WHAM!!!!! She forgot to latch the hood. So again I'm in search of a jeep hood. Please and Thank you in advance

Oh geeze!!!!

Check local junk yards. OEM is like $700.

Quadratec carries some aftermarket that are cheaper but may need some refinement to sit properly.
Look at crown automotive parts.

How bad does it look? Could you put vents in to replace dents?

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me on my old CJ7 - except it was my fault. My hood hit the windshield so hard that the rear view mirror shot off and landed in the backseat.

If there aren't any cracks in the paint, you may try some time of paintless dent repair. It would be cheaper.

Or, you could install some hood louvers - the hood vents that are popular these days. Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Poison-Spyde...466727317&sr=1-3&keywords=jeep+tj+hood+louver

2011-08-02_649-X2.jpg

Back