o2 sensor simulators?

fast_Z28_guy

do they exist for the jeep?

planning to enlarge the rear exit off the cat to 2.5"...into a 2.5" muffler and tail pipe.

but if i don't have to install an o2 bung for the rear sensor, and just use a simulator to keep the PCM happy...i will.

any help??

i know they make em for chevies and fords when removing the cats....do they make em for the Jeeps?

2003 4.0L wrangler

Hummm not sure If they make them anymore. Think they are not allowed to sell them. But Not sure what place I got mine from its either from jeggs or summit. I got one for my dodge dakota. Got a 3.9 cat kept going bad hollowed it out.

do they exist for the jeep?

planning to enlarge the rear exit off the cat to 2.5"...into a 2.5" muffler and tail pipe.

but if i don't have to install an o2 bung for the rear sensor, and just use a simulator to keep the PCM happy...i will.

any help??

i know they make em for chevies and fords when removing the cats....do they make em for the Jeeps?

2003 4.0L wrangler
what i did when i but my glass pack on is i took the convertor off and welded a a peaice a pipe to the exaust pipe with a nut in the middle and screwed the sensor middle in the it works perfect and no check engine light heres a pic of it
l_c7dfcd802829324ee673d4f2705a4152-2.jpg
you can see the sensor in the back

what year jeep is it? is that just the front o2 sensor?

what i need is the rear sensor. which registers the efficiency of the cat. i would think if you remove the cat but put the sensor in it would still have "check engine" codes for a faulty cat.

what year jeep is it? is that just the front o2 sensor?

what i need is the rear sensor. which registers the efficiency of the cat. i would think if you remove the cat but put the sensor in it would still have "check engine" codes for a faulty cat.

its a 98 and that is the rear sensor that went behind the cat by leaveing the sensor out it still picks up the heat but it picks up the fresh air telling the computer that if it were in the converter it would say that the converter is doing a good job. its just a way to "trick" the sensor

i would think if you remove the cat but put the sensor in it would still have "check engine" codes for a faulty cat.
It's hard to tell from his pic, but it looks like he welded a small section of tubing, open at the ends, to the exhaust tubing. The o2 then warms up properly but on sniffs clean air as it doesn't enter the exhaust tubing.

It's hard to tell from his pic, but it looks like he welded a small section of tubing, open at the ends, to the exhaust tubing. The o2 then warms up properly but on sniffs clean air as it doesn't enter the exhaust tubing.

you hit the nail right on the head

I wonder what happens when Water or Mud gets to the sensor if it's open like that. Does anyone know?

whats behind the glasspack in the pic? Is there a stock tailpipe or is it just open? How's the sound?

Back