2007 Re-Designed Wrangler

prariepunk

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

ugh, and a four door too?
jeep_jkspy2-5.jpg

image-missing.png

Are those 17" rims?.....and isn't that a bigger lug pattern? That's pretty cool.

I wonder if power windows will be standard or optional :roll:

Four doors huh? At least that should soften the blow when they finally go to IFS. It looks like our nimble little SWBs are going to be a thing of the past. Oh well, the new breed of jeeper should be happy with that.

How is a "new breed of Jeeper" defined? I hope I'm not one just because I drive a TJ. Even though I admit to not knowing the first thing about 4 wheel drive when I bought it and what the difference between IFS and straight axles were. Even if I were labeled as a new breed of Jeeper I'd still call that POS an ugly abomination of what once was a pretty bad ass offroad vehicle!

I drive a TJ too, so that's not what I meant. If they screw up the SWB in an effort to please people that don't belong in SWB Jeeps to begin with......well that just sucks. I'm going to shut up now so I don't piss alot of people off.

RE: Weber choke

Will they use the same tires on the production vehicle as they do on these ones? Because those are BFG MT's, right?

We've seen those pics on Jeepz before... it's hard to tell with the cloak, but it looks like a TJ with a '91 Renegada package.
Not to offend anyone with one, but I've always thought those Renegade YJ's were kind of hideous.

:( Hmmm....I am not really sure how I feel about this possible new re-design. Please don't take any offense to what I feel, but I have always loved the round headlights and the classic front that they have had on the recent models of Wranglers. I really am not all that well educated on the technical aspects of Jeeps being that I have only owned my 05 TJ X for about a year now and am not just starting to off road a little, but I really hope the square headlights dont go back into play.

RE: MY TJ HAS THE SHAKES HELP!!!

square head lights are great... and you dont stand much of a chance of offending anyone here.

RE: motor swap

The first two pictures are of a two door, short wheel base Jeep, whose outline resembles the Wrangler we are all familiar with. I think the other ones are more like 4-door Unlimiteds. Who knows, maybe they're even making a pickup truck version of it. As for the mud tires, I heard that the BFG MT's will be replacing the Goodyear MT/R's in the Rubicon package. Personally, I think that having a longer wheel base option is a good idea; it lets people who need a longer wheel base but still want a Jeep get a Jeep. It would be better for towing, have a much larger cargo and passenger capacity, make for a smoother and more stable ride, do better in some offroad situations (hill climbs), etc. And the swb is still there for those who want it (namely offroaders). It's just that I would have expected Jeep to learn it's lesson about headlights after the YJ's :roll:

RE: Re: RE: Check this out (ORCC)

We have had both square and round headlights before I was hoping to see something in an octagon!

Back