4 Door Wrangler

Please don't kill me, but it looks somewhat like a hummer from the side w/hardtop. Ack :x

Gig

OOOOoooo, I don't care if it looks Hummer-ish, that's cool as hell.

image-missing.png

I wanta see it in the soft-top/half-door configuration. And then another shot with all four doors removed (the way I'd be drivin' it). Also like to see a shot of the "fold-flat" rear seat................'Til then, I'll reserve judgement.;)

Booooooooooooo.... no 4.0... still a nice vehicle though.

I wish they would make the diesel engine available to North America

I still don't understand why Chrysler never went ahead with the Wrangler truck concept. I think that would've been a much wiser decision then all these new doors. Just my 2 cents though.

I agree the truck would have been my first pick, but if they dont come out with it in the next few years I may break down and get one of these.

The Gladiator truck is pimpin for sure, had a small extended cab that didn't appear to be good for much though.
The fold down rear seats are displayed in the video if you can watch it. They lay flat and the headrests fold back as they contact the front seats. Pretty slick.
My only concern is that with all the changes to the seats and storage areas, it will more than likely make for a space crunch underneath the body. In other words, the gas tank is probably moved alongside the frame rails making it difficult for custom suspension work and aftermarket transfer cases, etc.. The frame itself has probably been completely changed.
I can see the Hummer-esque look in the doors via the external hinges, higher window sill and the squared look.
Looks good to me.

As wide as the front fenders are, it makes me wonder whether they are steel or plastic. Gotta know whether I'll be using the sawzall or utlility knife.
Needs the Hemi option.

Here is what it looks like dirty:
img443e38c287c45-3.jpg

img443e38b385dc6-2.jpg

This is how they introduced it at the auto show. Burried in mud and uncovered by firemen with firehoses.

edit: and judging by these pics, redrooster, you'll need your utility knife.

mud4feet said:
I wanta see it in the soft-top/half-door configuration. And then another shot with all four doors removed (the way I'd be drivin' it). Also like to see a shot of the "fold-flat" rear seat................'Til then, I'll reserve judgement.;)

Half Doors!

JeepWranglerUnlimited4JPG-3.jpg

JeepWranglerUnlimited7JPG-2.jpg

Fold flat rear seat
image-missing.png

Snitty said:

Yeah mee too. I'd rather have that than a Hemi.

I guess it is a cool vehicle, but a 4 door Jeep? I dunno...

...said the guy who drives a 4 door XJ :lol:

I gotta say, I just don't like it......save the four doors for the XJ's and such. Let's keep the Wrangler a Wrangler.

south442 said:
Half Doors!..........(you saw the pic in south's post)........

Fold flat rear seat.....................(ditto)..................

Thanx, south! I actually got the video to work on my computer at work, so I saw the back seat. But thanx for the pics of the half doors!!! I'm all about the half doors.........................do you have a pic with the doors removed??:lol: :lol: :lol: Like to see that, too!!!

Actually, I'd like to see a pic of my bank account growing enormously so I could afford the Gladiator if they ever decide to produce it.

Snitty said:
I have seen 2 Jeeps down here in Austin with the CRD engines in'em: 1 was a Libby' the other was a TJ, but I think it was a engine swap.... sounded great though!

I have to go with Sparky on this one. That's just scary. I wonder what's next? A dvd player would be nice for the kids...

Back