Infamous blower problem

Ok, so the 2000 Jeep has the ATC in it. It first started that the passenger side was getting cold air, but now the blower won't come on at any speed. It isn't working at all. Could this be the resistor? I had a Concorde and had to replace a small part. If this is the blower motor resistor where is it located for me to get at?

Use a test lamp or a multimeter on the blower motor connector. Make sure your getting 12v(battery voltage) from the blower motor connector while the setting is at the highest. If there is a battery voltage, the problem would be the blower motor. IF the voltage disappears from any setting, you should check the ATC connector on the back and make sure its connected properly. IF the voltage is only present at the highest setting, the resistor block(blower module) would also be at fault.

Ah yes --- the Infamous Blower Motor Problem! This is a common failure mode in: 1999 -- 2004 Cherokees! I believe your JEEP falls in that Window. This, in fact, almost sounds like TWO problems. The First. -- Cold Air on the Passenger side-- sounds like a BLEND DOOR Issue. The second problem SOUNDS like-- The Infamous Blower Motor problem. (Common Problem-- '99 to 04 Cherokee) In the Cherokees with ATC ( some call it: AZC - Auto Zone Control) The PROBLEM IS THIS: With the ATC System -- The CONNECTOR on the Blower Motor Control Module-- OVERHEATS Resulting in Intermittent OR NO Operation of the Blower Motor! The Problem is so COMMON -- Chrysler has released a -- Connector Harness Repair Kit to Fix the Problem. Part # for Kit is ------- 05102406AA. - Cost about- $ 20 bucks ( I Think) Remember: The BLower Motor RESISTOR. Block is ONLY USED on: Manual Temp. Control Jeeps! Some OTHER considerations: 1. Blower Motor Fuse ( Ok??) 2. Blower Motor Itself (Correct Current Draw??) 3. Blower Motor Control Module (Ok?) 4. Cold Temp. Lockout ( Coolant Temp> 100 deg. - F). Max. Current Draw on Blower Motor: 13 to 17 AMPS -- Blower on HIGH. Verify with DVM -- DCAmps Function - Min. 25 Amps. ' Nuff Said! Comments? - JB.

check the resistor on wire leading to switch there known to go out I replaced the one in my wife's 93 xj 3 times they tend to over heat cost $17. at Napa
only thing is it s a big pain in the butt getting to unless you remove the lower section of dash

BTW --- I just wanted to mention something here -- and give some credit -- where Credit is due! There is a VERY GOOD Post on this Board --- Dealing with the - - AZC system(Auto Zone Control) It is under the HEADING: New Blower not getting the Job Done! It is an EXTREMELY Detailed and WELL WRITTEN Post! All Members WHO own a Cherokee should read it! Post was written back in: July of 2009 --- BUT, it is still as RELEVANT -- Then as it is now. A ToN of INFO is contained in this POST! THANKS goes OUT TO: STEELHEADZ. -- For writing a. GREAT POST on the AZC System! Kudos - This Thread has been visited OVER 2K Times! Great Job-- JB

Ok my fan works the fuse is good. The previous owner has done the repair described above. Now what should I check.

There is way to check for trouble codes with the ATC
To access fault codes, depress the acc and recirc buttons at the same time and hold them while you rotate the temp knob(99 and later) the left temp knob 1 click clockwise. The complete display will light up(the segment test). if any of the lighted segments of the florescent vacuum tubes fail to illuminate, the ATC/AtZ control panel is faulty and should be replaced.
-After the segment test is performed release the buttons. the display will clear momentarily and automatically begin displaying any stored trouble codes. No code "0" will display.
-if fault 25 or 29 appears, the ATC/ATZ control module itself must be replaced before any further testing is done
-To clear historic faults, hold the AC or RECIRC button for 3 seconds
If a code comes up, I have the chart, just throw it up here and I can let you know what it is

Could't find the thread Jimbob2001 mentioned. Not sure how to search for specific threads

Back