got a new jeep

superj

Sold the cj5 to a guy who always wanted one and was willing to do the work to get her road worthy. She went to a good home. We went and picked up this replacement Saturday in san antonio and drove her home. Ran good and the ac and cruise control were so nice.

1998 grand Cherokee limited
4.0 with 140k miles
Auto and 2wd
Every option I could think of and a few surprise ones, too.

Got from a car lot for 2k. It needs the headliner fixed (like always) and the drain gasket replaced for the ac. My son, jason, who its for, loved it. He bought some jeep seat covers since the leather where your butt goes is cracked and some floor mats since they were missing. He also sanded and primed the one spot of rust on the driver fender. The jeep looks like it was owned by a little old lady.

Y'a could have driven just a little bit further to the hill country and stopped by in Kerrville and showed it off. :)

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz

Y'a could have driven just a little bit further to the hill country and stopped by in Kerrville and showed it off. :)

Sent from my iPad using Jeepz

i think we are near kerrville a few times a year. thats west of san antonio, right? i think we drive through there when we go to fredricksburg from rio frio.

I think I'm going to look for a jeep for sale that's pre-owned by a little old lady ! They take the best care of their autos (usually) . My parents had the same exact year jeep and asked me if I wanted it last year. I told 'em I would rather they hang on to it since me and my brothers did so much work to it and it ran well. Then a younger brother flipped it on the street and totaled it . One bro got the trans , I got the engine sitting in my driveway and if I use , I bought . Got the t-case and shafts too. Same deal , use it , bought it . Just told my brother who parted it out to find a jeep that needs an engine and we'll swing it in. Try to get a grand, easier swap.
Best of luck to your son and his new jeep ! Plenty of room for his cruisin' buddies !

Our last zj got rear ended and totaled. Stupid chick fell asleep with cruise set to 60 on a city street.

But you can get zjs for cheap.

..........My son, jason, who its for, loved it.......

And that's the bottom line!! ZJ's aren't my cup o' tea, especially 2WD, but you got a really good price and that thing ain't for ME so all is good!! Hope he enjoys it for a long, long time. You're a good dad!

He loves it and so does his younger brother so its perfect. Really decent gas mileage too, a flat 20mpg st 75mph

Back