Brake Line Routing

dennisonwj

Have a 1988 YJ, gonna replace blown brake lines with stainless. The steel brake lines that are in there seem wrong. Specifically, the brake line that goes from the proportioning valve to the passenger side front disk brake. It is running out the front of the jeep in front of the grill from driver to passenger side. It is mounted with a clip to the front body mount on top. Very exposed.

This cannot be right. Could someone please snap a picture of a similar model or simply tell me how it is supposed to run?

I believe that is where it go,s. I don't have that model jeep so I have no pics, but I think the cj,s are the same way from the factory. It runs right in front of the grill across the front cross member. My current cj does not have that cross member but is still routed about the same.

In case any one wants to see it.... I spent this weekend tearing my 85 CJ down to the bare frame. I remember seeing this brake line question so I took a picture of it before I dismantled it.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz

Attachments

• image-4115318552.jpg
    image-4115318552.jpg
    598.3 KB · Views: 5,808
In case any one wants to see it.... I spent this weekend tearing my 85 CJ down to the bare frame. I remember seeing this brake line question so I took a picture of it before I dismantled it.

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz

Thank you for the picture. I think my 1988 YJ is different with respect to the front cross member.

Back