Grand Cherokee shuts off after 10 minutes

NCHANGER

1995 4.0 Grand Cherokee..Actually can shut off anytime after gets hot,But what Ive noticed is I can push or pull up on that computer box behind the radiator res. and it will die imediatley..But then it wont start right back up,even after messing with it and jiggling it dont help to restart it..Replaced coil and crank sensor 2 years ago..turned out to be coil the it would do some backfiring then quit running,This is a little different just shuts down now..although it did pop one time..
So I did take the plug off that computer box and cleaned it with electrical cleaner blowed it with air, put it back..seemed like it was fixed for an hour..but really not sure that is the problem, It is doing the same thing now..but it does still kill the engine when I pick it upwards or push down on puter....Anyone out there can help direct me would be appreciated!As of now still gets hot and has to stay off for an hour or so to run 10 15 minutes.
B.

Did you make any progress on this?
I think you're on the right path - messing with one component causes it to die. I'd suggest inspecting the wires coming into that box well.

Back