Air intakes under WK?

bmpeele

Long and embarrassing story aside, I learned there are 2 air intakes underneath the engine on my 06 Grand Cherokee with the 4.7 L V8. Is there a cost effective way of removing these without major modifications to my engine. I'd like to avoid having to buy a new engine because of them. And if this is in the wrong section please move it to the appropriate area.

I was looking around for WK snorkels when I stumbled upon this:

I'll say that it's not like any snorkel I've seen before...

The first snorkel won't work as I'm going to put the HO heads on there later (later being as soon as I can get the spare time to find them and swap them out). That project, while definitely interesting, seems quite a bit above my skill level at the moment.

The way it was explained to me is along with the main air intake under the hood, there are two more underneath the engine. I was unaware of this and went to go pull someone out of a hole and seized my engine by driving through a puddle that was only at about half tire on stock tires. Luckily Geico covered everything at no cost to me. When I get my jeep back I'll post pictures, but I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to get rid of these 2 intakes that doesn't involve a complete engine swap. If it's not possible I understand, I'm just looking to see if anyone has had the same issue of know someone that might know. Any help is appreciated.

Back