Randomly dies

RoscoeClyde

Greetings folks,

I hate for first post to be a question, but I have problem and in need of help.

I did a search, but was unable to find anything just likewhat I have going on.
Anyway here's what Igot. 2000 TJ 4.0 auto. Sometimes while I'm sitting at a light or stop sign, shejust shuts off. No CEL, No sputter, no nothing, it's just like I switched heroff. Always fires right back up and runs like gold. It never happens while driving.She will go months with no issues and then it will happen 2 or 3 times in aday. Occasionally the idle will drop real low, but it always goes right backwith out stalling.
I have recently putin a new battery, Crank sensor, IAC, Cam pos sensor, and TPS. All are Mopar products. Yet the issue remains.

Any ideas would begreatly appreciated.

Thanx...
Roscoe Clyde

I would maybe re-check work that you did to it, tps, iac, position sensor ect to rule that out(proper adjustments ect.). just a thought but when was the last time fuel filter was changed? If you could get a hold of a data logger or an OBD2 reader, any kind of scan tool, that could help to see what it's doing or any kind of issues you may have with IAC( say because work was done on it) or even the PCM(because it'll control IAC among others) Just throwing thought out there

Verify the battery connections are clean and the opposite sides of the grounds are clean and good electrical connection.

OEM parts are very important. Verify wiring to those sensors are ok.

Do you notice anything else like ign power shuts off or trip odometer resets?

Relay for the ignition switch ! I had the same problem with a ford tempo, turned out to be the relay switch. At times I had to tap it with a stick to make it start after it had stoped running.

Verify the battery connections are clean and the opposite sides of the grounds are clean and good electrical connection.

OEM parts are very important. Verify wiring to those sensors are ok.

Do you notice anything else like ign power shuts off or trip odometer resets?

Nothing else shuts off. I haven't checked the trip. And she never gives me any trouble firing right back up.

I'll look over all my connections this weekend and see what I can find.

Thanx for the replies,
Roscoe Clyde

Back