Replacement radiator yj

If you have had over heating issues in the past, Then I would suggest a 3 core radiator. If not, Then a 2 core should do you well.

i just got a super sized 3 core from radiator express, last week or two. it is a very impressive beast. nice welds, packaged well, and shipped quickly. dropped right in and the shroud bolted up perfectly.

I've noticed the industry is now manufacturing 'cross-flow' radiators so the tubes are horizontal allowing more time for air cooling. I haven't seen any reviews though, so it may be snake oil.

Besides cores fin density is important. The fins are what interact with the air releasing the heat. The lower the humidity and or thinner the air (altitude) the less the heat is released. So most of us might not notice lower fin density but if you go into the desert or live up in the mountains you will see a difference.

Why do you need a new radiator.?

I've noticed the industry is now manufacturing 'cross-flow' radiators so the tubes are horizontal allowing more time for air cooling. I haven't seen any reviews though, so it may be snake oil.

I'd think they would be more prone to blockage and leaking from any sediment.

Jeep blew a hose on expressway, engine blew white smoke & died. Had my mechanic rebuild engine and was advised to replace radiator. PO claims NEW radiator installed ( and a lot of other BS) . The brake lines & water pump were new. Engine probably had prev overheating problems. Radiator is old copper style . Should have had mechanic check out jeep before purchase.

Got the jeep up and running. Had engine rebuilt & just installed new radiator and all hoses . Po claimed Radiator was new (yea right, was new when jeep was new). Brain freeze at time of purchase, should have had everything checked out before buying. Lesson learned buyer beware.

Back