94 yj popping noise

overboard63

I have a 94 Jeep Wrangler with the 4.0 I got into an accident when some woman pulled out in front of me and banged up the front. The axle broke the leaf spring and pushed the driveshaft into the transfer case cracking that open I replaced the leaf springs, u bolts, shocks, sway links, and of course transfer case. I started it up and and as I was driving it I heard a clicking/popping sound. It only makes the noise when I press the gas while driving, when its static and I rev the engine I get no sound only while driving, I have good oil pressure when sitting still and while driving, and it sound like it's coming from under the drivers side which might just be bc I'm sitting there. please help I finally got my jeep fixed and now this

Update-- I disconnected the front driveshaft to rule out yjoints or bad yolks and still the sound but now after listening to it more it sound like an exhaust leak however I don't hear it at idle or when the rpms are raised at idle only when doing and applying the gas, does this happen with manifold cracks or exhaust leaks

Update-- I disconnected the front driveshaft to rule out yjoints or bad yolks and still the sound but now after listening to it more it sound like an exhaust leak however I don't hear it at idle or when the rpms are raised at idle only when doing and applying the gas, does this happen with manifold cracks or exhaust leaks

With the drive shaft out and while rolling the axels in the front still spin. Or do you have manual locking hubs? If they are not manual they spin. A part of the axel near the wheel is a joint that allows the wheels to turn to steer the vehicle. These go bad and will make noise while rolling.

Update -- thank you all for suggestion and after ruling out the drivetrain and driveshaft I believe I have located the issue I toke the intake manifold off and the exhaust and surprise surprise there is a crack on the top weld near the engine I'm going to replace the manifold and see what happenes

Back